Things That Gladden The Heart

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nice round at Maryport earlier then a cracking meal in a pub. Just sat with family and dogs enjoying a pint of Jennings Night Vision..… I love visiting West Cumbria ?

Can I ask where you stayed ( if a hotel )?.....We used to stay in the Ginn House (Great Clifton?) and the past few times at chain name hotel on the hill outside Cockermouth-Mercury inn??
Can't wait to get back down and see the folks ( along with the sticks for both Maryport / Workington and hopefully Silloth )
I've been lucky enough to have had a great time staying in Maryport as a second home for childhood + teens + afterwards:D

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Strawberry Mojitos. An absolutely brilliant find.

Three limes cut in half and squeezed into a jug. Add 12 strawberries (cut in half) and two tablespoons of sugar. Mash them up quite a bit. Add some white rum and give it a good mix. For the traditionalists, like me, serve with sparkling water as a mixer, or for Mrs Colch serve with lemonade. The two of us spent a very pleasant afternoon finishing off the jug.

P.S. Drink responsibly kids.

P.P.S. If you get the mix right this is quite dangerous as it's very refreshing on a hot day and you don't notice the alcohol in it. It's easy to finish off half a litre of rum between the two of you without realising.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
We're getting this little fella in a couple of weeks. He's coming over from a Romanian rescue charity. Not sure what his mix is, but by the look of it there's some Bassett in there.
View attachment 38078
Better brush up on your Romanian commands, Oh !! just remember owners start to look like their dogs :p big paws -----:LOL:
Edit-- you should call him Nicolae, he'll probably dictate you :whistle::whistle:

Last edited:

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Can I ask where you stayed ( if a hotel )?.....We used to stay in the Ginn House (Great Clifton?) and the past few times at chain name hotel on the hill outside Cockermouth-Mercury inn??
Can't wait to get back down and see the folks ( along with the sticks for both Maryport / Workington and hopefully Silloth )
I've been lucky enough to have had a great time staying in Maryport as a second home for childhood + teens + afterwards:D

Just stopping with the MIL in a little village on the A585, played a fun little 9 hole course today called Brayton Park just outside Aspatria. They have got some fantastic lodges on the site. https://braytonpark.co.uk/

I would love to stay in one but it would upset the MIL apparently ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Lad announced yesterday that he’s been successful getting a job as promotions and marketing manager for one of the main Leeds nightclubs - immediate start. Not great riches but it’s perfect for him in his sector, and gives him a salaried base on which to build his income through the freelance DJ and ‘rep’ work he does for touring bands and artists.

He now has hold of that light that was at the end of the tunnel through the last 16months - flickering but never out, and is now himself able to light up the way ahead. ???

Will be nice to see him tomorrow as he has got three nights ‘silent disco’ work (11pm to 4am ???) at Rewind South in Henley over the weekend from tonight.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Took grandson to golf yesterday, he loved it. A Pp had a range finder and he showed young Bradley Tash how it works. He now wants one for Xmas.
Then took him to his new football teams game. I went at the first break as I had some bits and bobs to do. He hadn’t played til that point. He called on his way home to say he was MOTM. He was chuffed to bits.

Last edited:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
It’s Friday and I’ve got a nice, chilled out weekend ahead. I’ve got some dark rum and ginger beer in so I can have a few dark and stormies tonight and get over what’s been a very stressful work week.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s Friday and I’ve got a nice, chilled out weekend ahead. I’ve got some dark rum and ginger beer in so I can have a few dark and stormies tonight and get over what’s been a very stressful work week.

I have a selection of rum and 2 4 packs of Bundaburg ginger beer so may be doing similar