Things That Gladden The Heart

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
My boomerang boy has had a few knocks recently and needed a bit of a cheering up... Amazon deals offering a perfect solution... So I treated him to a Lego Technic Ducati... A cheap[ish] way of cheering him up and my reinstatement as #1 Dad... Would, of course, liked to have afforded the 'real deal' for him but hey ho...

Bit of a fib at the end there as it worries me poohless when either of my lads are out on two wheels... NOT because of any lack of care/ability on their part but the murderous intent of too many behind a wheel...

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The music on this year's Sky Sports golf coverage.
A few weeks ago I was sat watching and it struck me how a certain section reminds me of Behind Blue Eyes by The Who.
Just now the missus pipes up and says it sounds like that song you used to play in your band, Behind Blue Eyes ?
Bit of an earworm now ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
For Valentine's Day my Mrs gave me a bar of Terry's Chocolate Orange. It was my first taste of chocolate since Christmas and it was lovely - though she ate almost half of it...but I am not resentful - it was for given sharing :)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Had to go to hospital for blood tests, a new system there in place. I needed two samples for different reasons but one of them required the first two to be thrown away and the third one used, so four lots altogether. A nurse who'd only done this for 4 months was very friendly and chatty and I warned her that I don't give up blood easily. She went for the inner elbow first, a little trickle then stopped decided to go for the back of the hand and finally got just enough for the four sample tubes - just!

Great banter, no hassle and a lovely lady- good the NHS when it works ??

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Had to go to hospital for blood tests, a new system there in place. I needed two samples for different reasons but one of them required the first two to be thrown away and the third one used, so four lots altogether. A nurse who'd only done this for 4 months was very friendly and chatty and I warned her that I don't give up blood easily. She went for the inner elbow first, a little trickle then stopped decided to go for the back of the hand and finally got just enough for the four sample tubes - just!

That's nearly an armful...;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Sounds more like a horror film than a comedy sketch! ?

D

Deleted member 16999

Garmin Connect telling me my VO2 max is 49, Superior, in the top 5% for my age and I have a fitness age of 20.

Some of us will believe anything.??

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
home made sourdough bread.

i just need some will power to not eat it all

Just give in, its impossible to resist. Wish I had the time or skill to make my own but I get a fresh loaf from the baker's stall on the market when I do the weekly shop on a Saturday. that will not see it through the weekend.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just give in, its impossible to resist. Wish I had the time or skill to make my own but I get a fresh loaf from the baker's stall on the market when I do the weekly shop on a Saturday. that will not see it through the weekend.

i love cooking, baking etc and given my recent mental health struggles and restricted working hours i have more time to make myself fatter

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
i love cooking, baking etc and given my recent mental health struggles and restricted working hours i have more time to make myself fatter

I love cooking when I have the time, never got in to baking as much, mainly due to time and not having the gear I need. Most weekends I am now cooking a full 3 course meal for my wife and I just to give me something to focus on (my cheese and white onion soup this week was bloody marvelous even if I do say so myself).