Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I know that when I have a more significant gap between rounds I tend to play really well. The way things are going I'm going to be a scratch player when I next pick up a club :)

D

Deleted member 16999

Great effort. its a measure that is improving! So bravo!!! The whole fitness age thing is a bit of a joke though isn't it!!
Absolutely, no doubt I’m improving, but all that based on me running and doing nothing else is taken with a pinch of salt.
??

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Absolutely, no doubt I’m improving, but all that based on me running and doing nothing else is taken with a pinch of salt.
??

Well all vo2 max is, is a measure of how much Oxygen you can use. So running a few times a week will increase this no doubt, whether the garmin numbers are accurate is a pinch of salt time, but its consistent in my view and I don't have access to a lab etc, so I do keep an eye on it.

I have just started to measure HRV, this is looking quite interesting! Suggest if you don't already, follow mike harris on either twitter or Insta, he is an advocate of measuring etc! Its fascinating stuff for me!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well after having it rescheduled twice due to the surgeon having to isolate or having covid (poor guy) I finally had my "procedure" this morning. (No more kids in this house!!)

The Mrs is letting me have the day off.. brilliant

Up the loft (we don't sleep up here ATM due to the kids)
Xbox is wired up
Ramekin of lemon bon bons
Cup of hot chocolate
Just had lunch downstairs

Back into my kid free haven for another few hours with an ice pack

Time for some virtual golf

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Finally getting the snow shovel my mate Robbo promised me in 2011. he bought a container of fancy ones after all the snow in 2010, only for us not to really have any snow since, he still had all of them left, with the snow of the last few weeks he's shiftet the lot in a couple of weeks

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just how angry people get over an opinion about how golf should be played.
...and that's just debating a potential change. Imagine if something contentious and subjective came to pass. What was online or clubhouse heated debate transfers to the golf course in the middle of a round or match :)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seeing as I normally miss out on these things, been a good couple of weeks for getting limited run items. Managed to land a pair of 25th Anniversary Foo Fighter Vans, one of the limited run of signed prints for the 30th Anniversary of Carter USM 30 Something and also managed to get the latest limited edition Kraken Rum glass. Won't mean much to many but these little things make me smile.