Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Reading John Wyndham's Trouble with Lichen (1960) and one of the main characters is a biochemist who reckons that the most important profession in the future will be...biochemist...well...there we go and 60 yrs later here we are.

Well it made me smile - albeit wryly -

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Finally exchanging contracts on my new house in Devon. Completion next Friday. 2-3 weeks of decorating and then bye bye Surrey and hello countryside.
And to put this in some perspective, after the two years of personal crap I have been through, this makes the Super Bowl win seem like tapping in for a par. :LOL::)

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apparently jab 2 is the one that gives most aches, pains etc but roll on, it cant come quick enough for me

I am still waiting [patiently] for jab one being a mere boychild of 67 ;):confused:...

I only know about jab 2 as when my D-in-L had her first jab it was at the same time as the rest of the staff at the medical centre she works... They were advised jab 2 would have to be staggered as its effects might impact on function of centre re sickness/time off...

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am still waiting [patiently] for jab one being a mere boychild of 67 ;):confused:...

I only know about jab 2 as when my D-in-L had her first jab it was at the same time as the rest of the staff at the medical centre she works... They were advised jab 2 would have to be staggered as its effects might impact on function of centre re sickness/time off...

That's really cheered me up!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Finally exchanging contracts on my new house in Devon. Completion next Friday. 2-3 weeks of decorating and then bye bye Surrey and hello countryside.
And to put this in some perspective, after the two years of personal crap I have been through, this makes the Super Bowl win seem like tapping in for a par. :LOL::)

Congrats PS glad youre finally sorted

Weve exchanged on our sale but really struggling to find somewhere to rent :(

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site

Well, I am still waiting [patiently] for my invite...
But, the good news is herself has been invited and duly booked for Monday...
Not to the centre we can walk to but only a relatively short drive away in the south of the borough...

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, I am still waiting [patiently] for my invite...
But, the good news is herself has been invited and duly booked for Monday...
Not to the centre we can walk to but only a relatively short drive away in the south of the borough...

My patience has paid off and I am now booked in @ same time and place as herself...
Some safe valentine's day jabbing to look forward to :eek::)...