Thick Ball Markers

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
I was playing in a competition with a junior lass her dad is a Chelsea fan, I was putting my Spurs marker down, she putted so well I told her to keep the marker as it’s lucky and to show her dad 😂

hovis

Tour Winner
Our group was saying the other day wouldn't it be good if you could have a small can of foam like they do for football free kicks. 🤣. Little spray behind your ball, when you replace your ball you sweep it away with your putter. Dragons den here I come😜

Steve Wilkes

Our group was saying the other day wouldn't it be good if you could have a small can of foam like they do for football free kicks. 🤣. Little spray behind your ball, when you replace your ball you sweep it away with your putter. Dragons den here I come😜
You came here with a ridiculous valuation of your company, no business plan, so on that reason I'M OUT

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
A story from a few years back

Lyme Regis had a notice on their board from the head green keeper

It said

" Would players please stop using £1 coins as a ball marker"
With a £1 coin cut cleanly in half stuck to the notice.

Voyager EMH

A story from a few years back

Lyme Regis had a notice on their board from the head green keeper

It said

" Would players please stop using £1 coins as a ball marker"
With a £1 coin cut cleanly in half stuck to the notice.
Found these two on the course yesterday. One did not fare too well with its encounter with the mower.

markers2.JPG

I don't think little plastic ones do much damage to a mower, if lost.
I might put the Srixon one on ebay, because I've got no use for it. ;)

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
The poker chip ones are daft. The marker(s) I use are all thin and flat, so if anyone does hit a wayward putt it should roll over it. I don't know why the poker ones exist. You might as well use an up-turned saucer or a coffee cup as a bloody marker.
I like to use a massive clock like the one Flava Flave wore from public enemy :ROFLMAO:

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
I think the rules are quite clear, as a simple cut and paste shows :

14.3 Putting Green
14.3a Ball-marker
Ball-Marker.
An artificial object used to mark the spot of a ball to be lifted, in the form of a small plastic disc with a securing spike. (see Rule 14.2), using the procedures for replacing a ball under Rules 14.2b(2) and 14.2e. The marker shall be no more than 20mm in diameter, and no more than 1mm thick.
Penalty for Marking with a coin, tee, Millennium Falcon or other small object : General Penalty Under Rule 14.7a.
Penalty for Marking with a poker chip : Disqualification Under Rule 17.7c.