Thick Ball Markers

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I was playing in a competition with a junior lass her dad is a Chelsea fan, I was putting my Spurs marker down, she putted so well I told her to keep the marker as it’s lucky and to show her dad ?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our group was saying the other day wouldn't it be good if you could have a small can of foam like they do for football free kicks. ?. Little spray behind your ball, when you replace your ball you sweep it away with your putter. Dragons den here I come?

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Our group was saying the other day wouldn't it be good if you could have a small can of foam like they do for football free kicks. ?. Little spray behind your ball, when you replace your ball you sweep it away with your putter. Dragons den here I come?
You came here with a ridiculous valuation of your company, no business plan, so on that reason I'M OUT

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A story from a few years back

Lyme Regis had a notice on their board from the head green keeper

It said

" Would players please stop using £1 coins as a ball marker"
With a £1 coin cut cleanly in half stuck to the notice.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
A story from a few years back

Lyme Regis had a notice on their board from the head green keeper

It said

" Would players please stop using £1 coins as a ball marker"
With a £1 coin cut cleanly in half stuck to the notice.
Found these two on the course yesterday. One did not fare too well with its encounter with the mower.

markers2.JPG

I don't think little plastic ones do much damage to a mower, if lost.
I might put the Srixon one on ebay, because I've got no use for it. ;)

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The poker chip ones are daft. The marker(s) I use are all thin and flat, so if anyone does hit a wayward putt it should roll over it. I don't know why the poker ones exist. You might as well use an up-turned saucer or a coffee cup as a bloody marker.

I like to use a massive clock like the one Flava Flave wore from public enemy :ROFLMAO:

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think the rules are quite clear, as a simple cut and paste shows :

14.3 Putting Green
14.3a Ball-marker
Ball-Marker.
An artificial object used to mark the spot of a ball to be lifted, in the form of a small plastic disc with a securing spike. (see Rule 14.2), using the procedures for replacing a ball under Rules 14.2b(2) and 14.2e. The marker shall be no more than 20mm in diameter, and no more than 1mm thick.
Penalty for Marking with a coin, tee, Millennium Falcon or other small object : General Penalty Under Rule 14.7a.
Penalty for Marking with a poker chip : Disqualification Under Rule 17.7c.