The Waste Management Open

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You should see Imurg when he gets a birdie 😂😂😂

I’m so dead 😂👍

I might get a little excited when I get an Eagle but birdies..? Nah...
Some, however, get instant multiples when they get a par......no names mentioned....👍

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I might get a little excited when I get an Eagle but birdies..? Nah...
Some, however, get instant multiples when they get a par......no names mentioned....👍

Yeah but I’m a 21 handicapper, I’m not supposed to get any pars

I’ll fist pump a par any day, a birdie ......anything could happen 😎

D

Deleted member 21258

Justin Thomas, 16th, whoops.

What a great setup and the crowds!!!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s a bit of fun as a one off - it gives some people the excuse to get smashed and act like an American football crowd etc on one hole , bit of novelty. Couldn’t see it happening anywhere else though

An American football crowd? Do expand. Don’t you mean English football crowd? Bunch of yobs acting unruly.

I find the whole stadium think quite contrived. It’s an average golf course at best and the 16th hole is the only thing that separates it from every other tour event.

It’s not about the golf in anyway shape or form, it’s about people getting smashed in a large crowd - golf just happens to be going on alongside it.

It wouldn’t work over here. 30k fans would be full of kids (that’s a good thing) it would be raining and I doubt we’d even be allowed beer in the stands

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of my favourite tournaments of the year. 216k fans in one day, what a turnout.

For those who think it is too lively you have 51 weeks of the year to enjoy your stuffy tournaments. This one is an absolute breath of fresh air.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having watched this tournament for years one of the notable things is that the crowd used to be absolutely quiet until the player hit the ball. Now you can hear a lot of noise at all times and the noise levels are noticeable from the spectators all round the course not just the 16th.

I still love watching it but how long before other tournaments stop having spectators keep quiet during the shots?

D

Deleted member 16999

Having watched this tournament for years one of the notable things is that the crowd used to be absolutely quiet until the player hit the ball. Now you can hear a lot of noise at all times and the noise levels are noticeable from the spectators all round the course not just the 16th.

I still love watching it but how long before other tournaments stop having spectators keep quiet during the shots?
Tbf, with over 200,000 people in attendance plus tv cameras and microphones everywhere the noise will be amplified, add in the 16th which is almost stadium like, mix in alcohol and the course is flat, the noise will travel.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
HID and I have been going to tournaments since the 80's. We commented after our last visit to the Open that the crowds aren't as quiet, nor always listen when the Marshalls say stop walking. No where near like he WMO but its creeping in anyway.