The un perfect bunker shot

ulsterman54

Visit site
My ball became wedged between grass and sand, so far into the gap, that it had to be "dug" out, after declaring it un-playable. We assumed that it was to be dropped in the bunker to play the next shot, having conceded the shot for being un-playable. Were we correct? This is actually the second time that I've buried such a shot like this. Frustrating when you think you can't find the ball!!
Thanks

Attachments

• Wedged ball!.jpg
    Wedged ball!.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 123

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
An alternative to dropping in the bunker is to go back to the spot where you played the previous shot and play from there (adding the penalty shot of course). Worth remembering that option for 'unplayables' in all kinds of situations.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
An alternative to dropping in the bunker is to go back to the spot where you played the previous shot and play from there (adding the penalty shot of course). Worth remembering that option for 'unplayables' in all kinds of situations.

this, though I'm not 100 sure of the rule in some cases you could get a drop from the face, for instance plugged in the revetting of a pot bunker.

ulsterman54

Visit site
Thanks, guys. I'll try and keep the ball away from the sand-pits this weekend! This shot was from about 30yards with a 3 wood that was fizzing, staying low into the wind....... I'll move out of the bunker next time and quote you all!! Thanks. :)

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
My ball became wedged between grass and sand, so far into the gap, that it had to be "dug" out, after declaring it un-playable. We assumed that it was to be dropped in the bunker to play the next shot, having conceded the shot for being un-playable. Were we correct? This is actually the second time that I've buried such a shot like this. Frustrating when you think you can't find the ball!!
Thanks

Maybe it's just the pic, but that looks like some sort of animal has been scrabbling away to make that.