The prince and the sex offender

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
^^^^ (y)(y)

I've always been of the opinion he's pompous, arrogant, and out to get what he can from his elevated position - ie a git. But that doesn't mean he's guilty. Let's let the trial take its course and we'll see.

?
I have followed this with a bit of interest, suffice to say there are some serious questions on both sides that I am interested to hear the answers to.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I confess I don't like him, BUT.... I do not trust the American judiciary in any way with it's blatantly political control. I also don't understand how an Australian citizen can take legal proceedings against a Brit in an American court.
It all looks very much like a money chasing excersize to me, even if I don't trust or like Andrew.

Technically speaking, she was born in the USA and has a joint citizenship.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
With the amount of money he’s got he can more than afford a decent defence counsel. Why didn’t he jump at the chance to get into court and shout his innocence? He’s tried to dodge it at every opportunity… gut feel, guilty as sin.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
With the amount of money he’s got he can more than afford a decent defence counsel. Why didn’t he jump at the chance to get into court and shout his innocence? He’s tried to dodge it at every opportunity… gut feel, guilty as sin.

C'mon Brian, this is an esteemed, and valued, member of our Royal family.................. sorry ! It's the (infraction) formerly known as Prince

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
As it's now a civil case she'll probably settle for the $5m

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Still a risk. Better (for him) to avoid a court case altogether - removing any risk!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

If these matters are decided by a jury, I don't blame him for the current tactics. Given the perverse verdicts recently returned by UK juries, even if he is innocent why run the risk if you don't have to? Do you think an American jury will be more likely to be sympathetic to an American citizen or a descendant of the repressive monarchy against whom they rebelled?

I'm not saying your gut feeling is wrong, just taking the pragmatic approach to dealing with the issue.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is a list of all the titles that Andrew has had taken away On the Sky news site. I never knew he was a golfer.
associations he has been relieved of.
Quote.

They included the Army Officers' Golfing Society.
And
On Thursday it was revealed he had lost his honorary titles at Royal Portrush and Royal County Down golf clubs in Northern Ireland.

He was President at Royal North Devon a few years ago.

D

Deleted member 15344

Do you reckon the US will do a deal and if Andrew goes over to face the courts that the diplomats wife who hit Harry Dunn can be sent back the other way ?

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In UK its innocent until PROVEN guilty. This is trial by media and it seems likely IMO that an untainted jury might be like rocking horse sh...

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
In UK its innocent until PROVEN guilty. This is trial by media and it seems likely IMO that an untainted jury might be like rocking horse sh...
But trial is in US, not UK.
Not quite so much (percentage) interest there, but still plenty.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
He hasn't tried to put any argument for his innocence, but just tried to weasel out of any charge on any technicality he could. Maybe if he had shown any gumption he could show up and proved his innocents rather than hide behind mummy's skirt. He was and stayed friends with a proven pedophile even after he was found guilty.. classy

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
He hasn't tried to put any argument for his innocence, but just tried to weasel out of any charge on any technicality he could. Maybe if he had shown any gumption he could show up and proved his innocents rather than hide behind mummy's skirt. He was and stayed friends with a proven pedophile even after he was found guilty.. classy

It gets worse, apparently he used iron covers and pink castle tees