The Open v World Cup Final

Lwatson-jones

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Would have to be The Open for me.

I literally would rather watch 6 hours of televised sky interspersed with chaps clattering a ball toward a hole, than watch 22 overpaid prima donnas kicking a bag of wind about.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've already got issues with the British Grand Prix next Sunday, and being at Le Mans for the week with the Classic event! No doubt there is also a golf event finishing this coming Sunday afternoon as well....

I'd rather be at the LeMans Classic too, but unfortunately I just discovered my steering rack is goosed so not good for a 2,000 mile round trip! Still, there's Silverstone Classic to look forward to.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Definitely the Open. Or maybe I'd just go and play a round of golf myself, because it is at days like that that the golf course is incredibly empty and quiet. I played during all three German games (probably a wise choice anyways :D) and it was a real pleasure to have the course almost completely to myself. (Long faces and dead quiet when I passed by the club-house terrace during the game against South Korea ... the gents had shortened their usual Wednesday round to 9-holes and set up a big screen ... their loss)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Definitely the Open. Or maybe I'd just go and play a round of golf myself, because it is at days like that that the golf course is incredibly empty and quiet. I played during all three German games (probably a wise choice anyways :D) and it was a real pleasure to have the course almost completely to myself. (Long faces and dead quiet when I passed by the club-house terrace during the game against South Korea ... the gents had shortened their usual Wednesday round to 9-holes and set up a big screen ... their loss)
We had the best of both when England played Panama on the Sunday afternoon. We booked a tee time 20 minutes after the game ended, so we just watched it in the clubhouse and went straight out afterwards. Still had an empty course ahead of us and got to see the game! One of my better ideas.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Football on one telly and golf on the other telly, it's why I have 2 tellys in the lounge. Happens every Saturday night with Match of the Day or PGA tour.

Golf is kept on live pause whilst the match is on and it goes to play when the ***** are talking a load of rubbish until the next game starts.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have just realised we have a clash at the golf course, our Club Championship is the same day as the footie final (our dates are in the diary about a year in advance).

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m playing in a semi final and maybe the final of a match play knockout the day of the World Cup final. Hopefully I get couple easy games

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'd watch the Open, the Masters or the Ryder Cup over the World Cup but I'd watch the football over any other golf event. Priorities.

D

Deleted member 1147

Watch the golf, record the footy, & if the result is good watch it later.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the things about recording or watching. The World Cup would probably finish before the golf, I bet some commentator on the golf will blurt out the result.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
4 years ago I would of said the WC final now I'm all over the open going to do absolutely nothing for the 4 days its on, I will no doubt flick back and forth on final day