The Open on SKY Now TV

U

User62651

Succumbed, Now tv app built into smart tv so signed up online, bought a weeks sky sports pass for £10.99 in order to watch 3 days Open golf and now I'm watching The Open....yay. Cant decide if its good value or not, it's not buffering at least which was my main concern but having watched the Open on the beeb 'free' for 30 odd years it's a bitter pill to swallow.:p;)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Succumbed, Now tv app built into smart tv so signed up online, bought a weeks sky sports pass for £10.99 in order to watch 3 days Open golf and now I'm watching The Open....yay. Cant decide if its good value or not, it's not buffering at least which was my main concern but having watched the Open on the beeb 'free' for 30 odd years it's a bitter pill to swallow.:p;)
We have sky for the kids but I use Now TV (still sky) to pick and choose which weeks I want.

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
Not quite the same coverage but I've been watching it on the open website and casting it to my TV. They have 2 video streams, holes 12, 13 and 14 and a featured group, currently Spieth and Stenson.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Now TV box has been a great addition to our house.

Recommended. I was a bit dubious about it but think it's ideal for my needs.

G

guest100718

the now box is great . I'll be buying a 1 day pass for Sunday.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
If you systematically cancel any of the subscription channels they always offer you a deal.

I am currently watching the Entertainment channel for less than £2 a month and all Sky Sports channels for £20 p/mth.

Had the Cinema channel for free for a month, we didn't continue with it and then they offered it back to us for £3 p/mth.

U

User62651

On it early today, getting chores done during the frequent ad breaks.......honest!
Has been buffering a little - not stopping but picture quality going a little. Hope it settles down.
Will switching off all other devices taking a broadband signal (or engaging flight mode) in the house help put more bband width to tv? Or is it more likely more users online in the general vicinity crowding phone lines and causing the buffering? Relying on standard BT broadband, cant get Infinity here yet. Cant get Sky either (due to a steep hill between me and satellite).

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watch all of my sport via sky go on the PS3

Unfortunately there is a slight issue with sky go now days on PlayStation it buffers randomly

Known issue but other than that faultless coverage.. beats the virgin coveraged I had for the masters which always crashed due to a dodgy cable between my house and the exchange that they never replaced in end

davidg2010uk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
NowTV works great for me. Don't watch enough sport to justify full blown SKY so the day passes work great. Streaming is pefect - no buffering experienced.