The Open Championship

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What is it with the yanks and calling our Major The 'British' Open? When will they ever learn that it's called The Open.

Last time at Birkdale on the Wednesday practise day I was watching the Golf Channels Rich Learner doing a report and he called it the British open, and he asked his director was what he said ok, but should I call it The Open or British Open? His director said the British, I piped up straight away and said it's The Open not the British Open, we don't call The Masters the US Masters do we? Tell me where in the tented village it says The British Open? I looked at them both shook my head and walked away........ Why do they persist with it? I'm disappointed that Nicklaus is saying the British open, thought of all people he would of known better........ Winds me up

:sbox:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
What is it with the yanks and calling our Major The 'British' Open? When will they ever learn that it's called The Open.

Last time at Birkdale on the Wednesday practise day I was watching the Golf Channels Rich Learner doing a report and he called it the British open, and he asked his director was what he said ok, but should I call it The Open or British Open? His director said the British, I piped up straight away and said it's The Open not the British Open, we don't call The Masters the US Masters do we? Tell me where in the tented village it says The British Open? I looked at them both shook my head and walked away........ Why do they persist with it? I'm disappointed that Nicklaus is saying the British open, thought of all people he would of known better........ Winds me up

vigorously I hope :smirk:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

Last time at Birkdale on the Wednesday practise day I was watching the Golf Channels Rich Learner doing a report and he called it the British open, and he asked his director was what he said ok, but should I call it The Open or British Open? His director said the British, I piped up straight away and said it's The Open not the British Open, we don't call The Masters the US Masters do we? Tell me where in the tented village it says The British Open? I looked at them, both shook my head and walked away........ Why do they persist with it? I'm disappointed that Nicklaus is saying the British open, thought of all people he would of known better........ Winds me up

the comma is what I really meant :whistle:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I bet they considered themselves told!!

Can they still accurately call it the British open if the scotch vote to go it alone??

Are we going to let them be part of Britain ??:D

what has Whisky got to do with it? :confused: