The New Torvean Golf Course, Inverness

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
was walking up there on Saturday evening and the course almost looks complete. lower holes all look good and fair bit drainage which appears to have worked, all the fairways were bone dry.

Due to open next April/May. New Canal Bridge going right though the old course
Torv1.jpgTorv2.jpgTorv3.jpgTorv4.jpgTorv5.jpgTorv6.jpg

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
What's your initial thoughts on the new 'Kings Course' as it's to be renamed?
Looks good from my back bedroom 😃😃
I'm not sure it will affect Culcabock to be honest, unless it turns out to be top drawer.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I didn't know they were calling it that.

I'm very Impressed Brian, esp with the Drainage. That must be the wettest bit of Inverness down there and its bone dry. the lower holes all look pretty good though the higher ones under the wifes work look a bit of a treck. Can't see all the old codgers liking the higher holes.
only downsides are the Beauly to Denny Power line and the walk from 17th green to 18th tee

could see myself joining next year TBH

D

Deleted member 17920

Is this a brand new course or a refurbished course?

DCB

Visit site
Used to enjoy an evening round over the old Torvean when we were up working & staying in Inverness. Even in mid summer it could be soft if not boggy underfoot. This certainly looks a lot more open and spacious than some of the old course. Used to play another course up on the South side of Inverness when it first opened, Castle Heather ? Rough was chest high in places, lost too many balls to make it a viable option ;)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Used to enjoy an evening round over the old Torvean when we were up working & staying in Inverness. Even in mid summer it could be soft if not boggy underfoot. This certainly looks a lot more open and spacious than some of the old course. Used to play another course up on the South side of Inverness when it first opened, Castle Heather ? Rough was chest high in places, lost too many balls to make it a viable option ;)
thats still there but, its really a vehicle to build a load of Houses. all but a few holes of the original layout remains as more and more of the course was swallowed up for housing. That was pretty boggy too.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It’s about £600 for the year at the moment, I’m sure there will be an increase when the new course is complete.
they had a sign out the front a few months ago and that was for 15 months i think. I would imagine they will have to increase that, as at the moment they only have two green keepers as its only a small area they have at the moment. the new place is at least 4 times the size. last time i was a member it was £400 ish so thats gone up a fair bit. may lose a few oldies as its def not as easy walking as the old place

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
£580 for the year, prices have just been announced.
Inverness is £30 more but you’ve got an extra £20 on your card, so much and such.
Will be interesting to see if there’s a lot of movement between clubs.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
£580 for the year, prices have just been announced.
Inverness is £30 more but you’ve got an extra £20 on your card, so much and such.
Will be interesting to see if there’s a lot of movement between clubs.
£470 for 5 day, i think that would do me nicely

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Can you just walk around the new course? May have a mooch about when I'm working up there in Jan, if my workmates will allow me :LOL:
yep, there is a footpath that starts just behind the current 18th green all the way into the new course, or you can go via the Great Glen way up to the high holes