The National Trust

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have been a member for years .

Membership cost is an absolute bargain for me. Where I live there are 4 properties within 10 minutes drive Montacute, Lytes Cary, Barrington and Tintinhull Gardens and I often just sit in the gardens and read. There are a lot of places within an hours drive Kinston Lacy, Stourhead, Knightshayes, Killlerton, Tyntsfield and I probably visit them twice a year.
Plus a number of smaller properties that I have visited just once.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have been a member for years .

Membership cost is an absolute bargain for me. Where I live there are 4 properties within 10 minutes drive Montacute, Lytes Cary, Barrington and Tintinhull Gardens and I often just sit in the gardens and read. There are a lot of places within an hours drive Kinston Lacy, Stourhead, Knightshayes, Killlerton, Tyntsfield and I probably visit them twice a year.
Plus a number of smaller properties that I have visited just once.

went to Kingston Lacey a few weeks back, lovely setting and fabulous gardens especially the Japanese Acer based one, the view down from the back windows of the house to die for! house itself small compared to many of the others mind

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Me and Mrs Hogan thinking of joining National Trust Scotland. For a couple it's £78 a year if one of the couple is over 60 o_O

Lots of stuff around us in Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire - and around MiLs up Chesterfield. Also lots not far away in Sussex and Kent that we'd visit as we wish to explore these two counties - and if I cut down to 4 days then long weekends and membership would just be the thing for us.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Me and Mrs Hogan thinking of joining National Trust Scotland. For a couple it's £78 a year if one of the couple is over 60 o_O

Lots of stuff around us in Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire - and around MiLs up Chesterfield. Also lots not far away in Sussex and Kent that we'd visit as we wish to explore these two counties - and if I cut down to 4 days then long weekends and membership would just be the thing for us.

Hinton Ampner and Petworth are both well worth a visit

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Quarry Bank Mill in Styal, Cheshire is a fascinating place. It is an old textile mill, accomodation on site etc. Well worth a trip if any member is in the area.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

So you are joining the NT Scotland because its cheaper membership so you can save a few quid on visiting sites in England. You seem to be missing the point of its existance.

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
We went to Chirk Castle yesterday, not far from Llangollen, moored the hired narrowboat on the canal and yomped the 1 1/2 miles to the castle

Very good it was too and the consumption of some Bara Brith and a cuppa helped too

The gardens were really nice with photos of how they were in the 1920's

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Inverewe Gardens today, well worth a visit if you’re up the North west coast.
All exotic plants because off the Gulf Stream.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have our membership as both places we go are great for children. Both have a mahoosive play, lots of space to explore etc.

When we go it’s 90% screaming children and barely any of example a and b above.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So you are joining the NT Scotland because its cheaper membership so you can save a few quid on visiting sites in England. You seem to be missing the point of its existance.

Could be. Or could be that we are thinking of buying a place in Scotland and likely to visit as many places in Scotland as in England...

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Could be. Or could be that we are thinking of buying a place in Scotland and likely to visit as many places in Scotland as in England...

Don't forget that you can use your English membership card at SNT sites.
We are not far from Culzean Castle and visit at least once a week.
It is the top SNT site in Scotland and they have spent a fair bit on improvements in the last few years.
https://www.nts.org.uk/visit/places/culzean

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't forget that you can use your English membership card at SNT sites.
We are not far from Culzean Castle and visit at least once a week.
It is the top SNT site in Scotland and they have spent a fair bit on improvements in the last few years.
https://www.nts.org.uk/visit/places/culzean

My favourite place we visited, whilst in Scotland, was Drummond Castle... Not just because of the magnificent terraced gardens... But, because I got engaged in a great conversation with an absolutely delightful gentleman... It allowed my good lady to wander without my hindrance and for me to rest my weary legs from several days of 36 holes...