10. Sunningdale Old ........Par 4
11. Broadstone................Par 3
12. Old Head...................Par 5

Best Half Way House........Turnberry
Most disappointing HWH..Sunningdale
Best Car Park...................TBC
Back to back Par 3s...........plenty exist:LOL:

Hole 13 please put forward your holes and votes:):eek:
I think you’ll find that Swinley won for the 12th hole!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Due to having only played 4 of the holes selected I’m not happy at the outcome so far so I’m going to take legal action unless you let me take control of the thread and reconstruct the make up of the holes to suit my own agenda! This will be temporary just to suit me at this moment in time and of no benefit to the thread in the long run!

Do you have a dossier of corruption that you're going to threaten to release of you don't get your own way - but refuse to show or share it until you get your own way???

PS you must also have a hatred for Tom English for this to be taken seriously! ???

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Due to having only played 4 of the holes selected I’m not happy at the outcome so far so I’m going to take legal action unless you let me take control of the thread and reconstruct the make up of the holes to suit my own agenda! This will be temporary just to suit me at this moment in time and of no benefit to the thread in the long run!

Do you have a dossier of corruption that you're going to threaten to release of you don't get your own way - but refuse to show or share it until you get your own way???

PS you must also have a hatred for Tom English for this to be taken seriously! ???

merv79

Head Pro
www.ferndowngolfclub.co.uk
Parkstone & broadstone are outstanding golf courses IMO. My preference is broadstone as I think it’s on a better piece of land but last time I played parkstone it was in brilliant nick. I do have a soft spot for ferndown also despite always upsetting some of the lady members whenever I go there. It’s a close 3rd for me tho.....sorry Andy ?

No hard feelings Nick! :)

Agree Broadstone is on a great piece of land and its the sort of course that could reach top 50 in UK in next 5 or so years if they make the right changes etc, they seem to be moving in the right direction which is good. I don't think Ferndown or Parkstone have the potential to get as high as Broadstone could.

Its interesting that you rate Parkstone ahead of Ferndown, condition wise Parkstone is a bit ahead of Ferndown over the last couple of years, but personally I think Ferndown is a better layout and asks more questions of your game, I just find Parkstone too short, I always enjoy playing it a couple of times a year, and the views are stunning, but couldn't be a member there.

D

Deleted member 17920

14th - my shout is Trump Aberdeen, just shades Foxy (Dornoch) for setting. Both great holes but the 14th @ Trump Aberdeen is simply tremendous in my opinion.
Hell yes.

One of the best holes I have ever played.

Played it off the very back tee last time and just made the fairway ?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
No hard feelings Nick! :)

Agree Broadstone is on a great piece of land and its the sort of course that could reach top 50 in UK in next 5 or so years if they make the right changes etc, they seem to be moving in the right direction which is good. I don't think Ferndown or Parkstone have the potential to get as high as Broadstone could.

Its interesting that you rate Parkstone ahead of Ferndown, condition wise Parkstone is a bit ahead of Ferndown over the last couple of years, but personally I think Ferndown is a better layout and asks more questions of your game, I just find Parkstone too short, I always enjoy playing it a couple of times a year, and the views are stunning, but couldn't be a member there.
? I was really impressed by the changes in the bunkering at ferndown last time I played there. Perhaps my opinion is clouded by my relationship with the ladies section ?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I think we need to re-think the whole process, start from scratch, and vote for 14 hole golf courses.
[Some south of Ecclefechan will think that we Scots have gone bonkers]

Strangely I seem to know a lot of very good 13th hole Par 3's.:unsure:

Last edited:

sjw

Visit site
No idea how I found this thread, but the moment I saw it, I thought of the 13th at Dunstanburgh Castle from the recent Rick Shiels video, and lo and behold, the thread was left at 13! So that's my vote

4xa8QBqv.png

D

Deleted member 23270

13th at Broadstone

And for the 5th Isle of Purbeck is streets ahead of Sheringham.