The forums best holes

Zig

Visit site
Love both holes above (Holinwell and RCD), but for me the 13th at The European Club knocks socks off them both. 596 yard Par 5, doesn't play as long as it sounds, along the Irish Sea, mental (in a good way) green. Hats off to Mr Ruddy - designer and owner. How good would it be to be able to say that!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
13th at Muirfield, another par three I know, but definitely the best golf hole I have played.

DFS.... played Broadstone a couple of times in the 1970's,
Can't remember any of it but it certainly did not look like that.....:love:
Of the Broadstone/Parkstone/Ferndown trilogy I definitely favoured Parkstone as a course with the bonus of a very friendly clubhouse.

D

Deleted Member 1156

13th at Muirfield, another par three I know, but definitely the best golf hole I have played.

Of the Broadstone/Parkstone/Ferndown trilogy I definitely favoured Parkstone as a course with the bonus of a very friendly clubhouse.
Course is currently undergoing a full renovation, 7 holes completed so far. Love Parkstone as a club but Broadstone is a much sterner test of golf.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Course is currently undergoing a full renovation, 7 holes completed so far. Love Parkstone as a club but Broadstone is a much sterner test of golf.
I think that’s valid. I think Parkstone is the better course and doesn’t have any stupid holes. But that back stretch at Broadstone is tough!! And brilliant

D

Deleted Member 1156

I think that’s valid. I think Parkstone is the better course and doesn’t have any stupid holes. But that back stretch at Broadstone is tough!! And brilliant
I think you would be in the minority thinking Parkstone is a better course. Certainly better condition but not a better course.

D

Deleted member 1147

At Broadside, Which number is the hole on the back 9 which has an uphill wide fairway, with about 8 bunkers going up and across it?
About the 15th?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site

Parkstone & broadstone are outstanding golf courses IMO. My preference is broadstone as I think it’s on a better piece of land but last time I played parkstone it was in brilliant nick. I do have a soft spot for ferndown also despite always upsetting some of the lady members whenever I go there. It’s a close 3rd for me tho.....sorry Andy ?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I am a suckling for a panaromic view over heathland but still think a nice hole, although maybe a bit one dimensional tee shot, but a lot of challenge for the blind second
How can you say that ? Have you tried teeing off from behind the tree in the middle of the tee .:eek:

D

Deleted member 21258

I've got my second wind and back up, lets finish the course :LOL::-

1. Old Course.................Par 4
2. Ardglass.....................Par 3
3. Royal C Ports..............Par 5
4. Old Head....................Par 4
5. Sheringham................Par 4
6 . Sunningdale New .......Par 5
7. Royal Portrush.............Par 5
8. Troon .........................Par 3
9. Royal County Down ......Par 4
10. Sunningdale Old ........Par 4
11. Broadstone................Par 3
12. Old Head...................Par 5

Best Half Way House........Turnberry
Most disappointing HWH..Sunningdale
Best Car Park...................TBC
Back to back Par 3s...........plenty exist:LOL:

Hole 13 please put forward your holes and votes:):eek:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've got my second wind and back up, lets finish the course :LOL::-

1. Old Course.................Par 4
2. Ardglass.....................Par 3
3. Royal C Ports..............Par 5
4. Old Head....................Par 4
5. Sheringham................Par 4
6 . Sunningdale New .......Par 5
7. Royal Portrush.............Par 5
8. Troon .........................Par 3
9. Royal County Down ......Par 4
10. Sunningdale Old ........Par 4
11. Broadstone................Par 3
12. Old Head...................Par 5

Best Half Way House........Turnberry
Most disappointing HWH..Sunningdale
Best Car Park...................TBC
Back to back Par 3s...........plenty exist:LOL:

Hole 13 please put forward your holes and votes:):eek:

You missed out the favourite back to back par 3's on courses over 500 acres, section.

D

Deleted member 21258

You missed out the favourite back to back par 3's on courses over 500 acres, section.

Not sure one exists, I spent all weekend to think of one and failed !

Woburn across all 3 course must be well over 500 acres, but doesn't have back to back Par 3s.

Loch Lomond Golf club is well over 500 acres but doesn't have back to back Par 3, however in its defence it does have the best golf club driveway I have ever come across :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Sorry but I can't abide by unfair voting.

Let's start again, hole a day as per @richart we want credibility so this thread doesn't resurface in a few years in a "bestholegate# style.

Should it happen please note I have called for a fair and independent review of the current "voting system".

?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Should it happen please note I have called for a fair and independent review of the current "voting system".

?

Sorry, the email wasn't received! :whistle:

...and I love the debate about "that hole" at Broadstone! :) Will definitely have to have a few days playing down there when we re-open - it's ages since i played Parkstone and Boaradstone - last played Ferndown in 2018 when it was straw coloured and about 95 degrees! :)

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry, the email wasn't received! :whistle:
Sorry but I can't abide by unfair voting.

Let's start again, hole a day as per @richart we want credibility so this thread doesn't resurface in a few years in a "bestholegate# style.

?

Due to having only played 4 of the holes selected I’m not happy at the outcome so far so I’m going to take legal action unless you let me take control of the thread and reconstruct the make up of the holes to suit my own agenda! This will be temporary just to suit me at this moment in time and of no benefit to the thread in the long run!