The Flame Has Finally Died

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hope I made her proud even thought I know I wasn't always an ideal son. Definitely plan to make her proud in every thing I do in the rest of my life.

Thank you for everything mum. Hope you loved me a fraction of the amount I loved you and hope you've met up with the old man and are keeping him in check already.

I can't think of anything to add that other have not said Homer but the above brought tears to my eyes. My thoughts are with you.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Genuinely sorry to hear this Martin. No preperation in the world can ever prepare you for the final moment. I'm glad it was peaceful, and that you were there. I'll be thinking about you whilst you go through the full process of saying goodbye.
Cheers
Danny.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry to hear your news Homer, Kia kaha ( stay strong ).
My mum is 93 and in not so good health these days and may well pass away before I return to the UK ( 6 to 18 months ) Being so far away is hard and it was good you were there at the end, missed saying goodbye to my Dad when he passed on when I was 18.
It's a tough time but we survive and remember them every day.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your Mum's passing. It comes to us all eventually and the best you can hope for is a peaceful and comfortable time after a long happy life, and it sounds like your Mum had that. You paid tribute to her here many times previously and I am sure she is proud of you.

robbest3offthetee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
HJS, So sorry to hear of your sad news, You were there for your Mum right to the very end and that you will be thankful for in years to come, Be strong mate ,It does get easier, and remember every day she will be with you, All the best to you and your family at this sad time, Take care mate, Rob xx

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So sorry to hear your sad news. No words can ever ease your pain right now but time is always a great healer.

Don't ever beat yourself up about whether she was proud of you or loved you enough. Parents always do but sometimes don't say or show it.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My condolences to you and your family Homer. As others have said time is a healer but even now I think of my mum and dad every day even though the years since their passing go by.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Really sorry for you Homer. There's no words good enough that will make a difference but I do hope you will find some comfort in this thread from all your golfing buddies. Be strong but don't forget to make some time for yourself.