The England Football Team Now 3rd In World Rankings!

S

Snelly

Yes, it is true.

The technically inept, cheating, spitting, swearing philandering clowns that represent England at football are apparently collectively ranked by FIFA as the world's 3rd best team.

You couldn't make it up. A total joke.

I sincerely hope that after the festival of good will, sporting excellence and general feel-good factor created by London 2012 that the British public will start to see our footballers for what they really are; thick, spoil, overpaid chavs made good because they can kick a ball.

A total contrast to our Olympians who are not only genuine winners, but also people that can string a sentence together and act as positive role models for our children and the youth of today.

You never know, our media may even start to promote the qualities and achievements of our athletes as the way to behave and goals to strive for. I would love to see this, especially at the expense of the glorification of celebrity which we currently have to endure - people who are famous because they dress like strippers or wear their stupidity like a badge of honour....

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
The ranking system and calculation used is a total joke. It's not the FA's fault, it's FIFA and their continued use of a flawed system.

But then golf and tennis amongst others have similarly odd ranking systems whereby it's not always the player that's won the most that tops them.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
@snelly

That is possibly the single most accurate description I've ever seen of the English football team.

The fact were now 3rd is an absolute joke and show how bad the rankings system is

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Totally agree with Snelly. I have been saying the same for years but with the media constantly banging on about 'superstar' footballers it has thankfully taken a successful Olympics for people to see what true effort and sportsmanship is all about.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yes, it is true.

The technically inept, cheating, spitting, swearing philandering clowns that represent England at football are apparently collectively ranked by FIFA as the world's 3rd best team.

I sincerely hope that after the festival of good will, sporting excellence and general feel-good factor created by London 2012 that the British public will start to see our footballers for what they really are; thick, spoil, overpaid chavs made good because they can kick a ball.

A total contrast to our Olympians who are not only genuine winners, but also people that can string a sentence together and act as positive role models for our children and the youth of today.

You never know, our media may even start to promote the qualities and achievements of our athletes as the way to behave and goals to strive for. I would love to see this, especially at the expense of the glorification of celebrity which we currently have to endure - people who are famous because they dress like strippers or wear their stupidity like a badge of honour....

Snelly. If you run for Prime Minister I'll vote for you :thup:

This is by far and away the biggest reason I now have very little interest in football!!!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

Whilst I detest football I can't agree with that summary as dressage and sailing are out of reach for the masses. Buy a ball and away you go..... and it's still not easy to reach the 'heights' of a professional footballer with maybe only 400 players in the premier league. It is ridiculous that Murray can play 5 sets of full tilt tennis and yet Gerrard can't manage more than 60 minutes on a pitch.

Spitting and swearing is just a result of the company you keep.... met a few potty-mouths on the golf course too!

You're basically trying to compare filet mignon to fish 'n chips.

We deserve to be 3rd... if Terry and Lampard are left out ;)

Last edited:

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Totally agree Snelly.........I'll not be holding my breath though! :(

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Scotland up 3 places to 46. Our cunning plan of not playing any matches since the last time the rankings came out has paid dividends!

Brazil at 13 - below such footballing giants as Denmark and Greece...

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes, it is true.

Best quote I have seen anywhere.
Please forward it to Downing Street and Lancaster Gate.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It is a shocking system and totally inept way. We are struggling to get beyond quarter finals in major events and not even playing expansive and pleasing footie. I wonder if the next campaign under Hodgson will be nothing but an exercise in qualification and 1-0 and shut up shop. I don't think so as that wasn't his way at Fulham but will the pressure get to him

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can't argue with statistics ... ;)

Dave Brailsford for England manager i say - i dont think we'd lose many penalty shootouts if he was in charge

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Nothing will change in the media in respect of football until the likes of Chick Young and Hugh Keevins (in Scotland) are shown to be the lickspittles we know them to be. Already the Beeb is advertising it's 'end to end' coverage of the coming EPL season (this afternoon was the first time I noticed it - slap bang in the middle of the Olympics coverage). And so England will continue to comprise of a bunch of molly-coddled and pretentious peacocks.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes, it is true.

For Snelly and anyone who agrees with him, who obviously hate football with a passion, may I suggest you don't watch it, don't talk about it and don't write about it..........................it plainly angers you.

Slime.

S

Snelly

For Snelly and anyone who agrees with him, who obviously hate football with a passion, may I suggest you don't watch it, don't talk about it and don't write about it..........................it plainly angers you.

Slime.

You almost have a point - yes I have fallen out with football and what it represents in England. Further, what actually irritates me is that the moronic footballers are continually idolised by the sky-brainwashed, moronic fans who cannot seem to see the difference between what we have seen at the Olympics and the moral vacuum that is Premiership football.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dwayne Chambers
Christine Ohuruogu

The first two "less than perfect" athletes that spring to mind.

If the athletes were under 24hr scrutiny in the same manner as the footballers, I'm sure you'd see a very different picture.

Oh, and whilst we're at it.....a quick joke:

Belarusian shot put gold medallist Nadzeya Ostapchuk has tested positive for a banned substance.............................................

Testicles

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
what actually irritates me is that the moronic footballers are continually idolised by the sky-brainwashed, moronic fans who cannot seem to see the difference between what we have seen at the Olympics and the moral vacuum that is Premiership football.

Is this the same feeling you have towards those who vote for the LibDems? :)