The (drunken) words of wisdon of Jean-Claude Junker

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
1999 - We decide on something, leave it lying around and wait and see what happens. If no one kicks up a fuss, because most people don't understand what has been decided, we continue step by step until there is no turning back.

2005 - If it's a Yes, we will say 'on we go', and if it's a No we will say 'we continue'.

2007 - Of course there will be transfers of sovereignty. But would I be intelligent to draw the attention of public opinion to this fact?

2015 - There can be no democratic choice against the European treaties

Little coffee break diversion, just for laughs. Make of it what you will

D

Deleted member 1418

1999 - We decide on something, leave it lying around and wait and see what happens. If no one kicks up a fuss, because most people don't understand what has been decided, we continue step by step until there is no turning back.

2005 - If it's a Yes, we will say 'on we go', and if it's a No we will say 'we continue'.

2007 - Of course there will be transfers of sovereignty. But would I be intelligent to draw the attention of public opinion to this fact?

2015 - There can be no democratic choice against the European treaties

Little coffee break diversion, just for laughs. Make of it what you will

Interesting little read!

This is also a good piece - Guardian article following the Irish referendum on the Lisbon Treaty!!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2008/dec/13/eu-ireland-lisbon-treaty

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Interesting little read!

This is also a good piece - Guardian article following the Irish referendum on the Lisbon Treaty!!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2008/dec/13/eu-ireland-lisbon-treaty

I laugh when I hear so-called educated liberals in this country blast the House of Lords, yet they fail to realise the decision-making making process within the EU is run entirely like the House of Lords.

The EU democratic process is like the UK system in reverse, where elected officials don't have the power to actually create legislation, they simply get to amend it when it gets kicked along to them.

Juncker has been President of the Euro Group since 2005, has served two six-month terms as President of the European Council, in 1997 and 2005, and has been the President of the European Commission since 1 November 2014.

All without his name ever appearing on a ballot that required a cross next to his name from the people of Europe.

It honestly astounds me that this fact matters not a jot to most of the so-called educated middle classes.

But then again, when we have Boris and Nige making statements that can be technically picked apart who has the time I guess?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Another couple of gems from the great man :mad:

On Greece's economic meltdown in 2011; "When it becomes serious, you have to lie."

On EU monetary policy; "I'm ready to be insulted as being insufficiently democratic, but I want to be serious ... I am for secret, dark debates"

Strangely quiet from the Democracy Deniers?