The "definitive" Old Farts v Whippersnappers thread.......

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
I've had another .1!! :(

5 years of hard work on my game have seen me improve from 10.9 to 13.5 - a new pinnacle (not the ball !) for me.
Maybe with a few more years work I'll be able to get back to the 16 I was playing off in the 90's!
:( (whrere's the crying-your-eyes-out smiley?)

You have to play to go up 0.1

You cant just decide yourself:smirk:

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got my first birdie of the year today. Running into form at the right time :cool:

SO did I at the weekend, a nice 30yd chip in birdie 4, mind you it followed the 14 on the previous hole where I lost two balls. Oh yeah and on three par 3's I was 9 over. Someone asked if I was entering the two's as I signed in, I asked if they meant hitting the green in two.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Watching your round crash like a blind unicyclist was a pleasure :ears:

You being a 7 handicapper and playing you off scratch was always going to be a little tricky James.
And I hardly call one blocked drive down 17 a "car crash" now.
I just worked out that had I been taking my shots off of you I would have beaten you 3&2.
Well played mate
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
SO did I at the weekend, a nice 30yd chip in birdie 4, mind yourit followed the 14 on the previous hole where I lost two balls. Oh yeah and on three par 3's I was 9 over. Someone asked if I was entering the two's as I signed in, I asked if they meant hitting the green in two.

Dave, why would you hole out for a 14 in a bogey comp....??....!!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dave, why would you hole out for a 14 in a bogey comp....??....!!

Practice, badly needed practice, plus we had no one behind us, the weather was good, the other two were doing the same and we were enjoying ourselves. A bit of golf, a lot of banter, generally having a good laugh.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Practice, badly needed practice, plus we had no one behind us, the weather was good, the other two were doing the same and we were enjoying ourselves. A bit of golf, a lot of banter, generally having a good laugh.

Just a timely reminder.....(and not having a pop Dave).
We will be playing matchplay on both days during our stay. Forest Pines if fairly (read very) tight.
If you have cocked up on a hole, and it's fairly obvious that your opponent is going to win the holes, please could you pick up and proceed to the next hole please?
It's not two rounds of medal play so we don't want to end up being out on the course for 5 hours or more.
Hope you understand.
Rob

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just a timely reminder.....(and not having a pop Dave).
We will be playing matchplay on both days during our stay. Forest Pines if fairly (read very) tight.
If you have cocked up on a hole, and it's fairly obvious that your opponent is going to win the holes, please could you pick up and proceed to the next hole please?
It's not two rounds of medal play so we don't want to end up being out on the course for 5 hours or more.
Hope you understand.
Rob

That's okay, I don't intend to be the one having to pick up :D