The Club....

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone else follow this lot on social media?

I used to find their GCW content funny but now the just seem like a bunch of tw*ts intent on ruffling as many feathers in the industry on purpose.

today they have compared golf ranking lists to the FHM top 100 women lists. personally i dont think they could be any further apart in their goals.

They infuriate me

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Likewise, don't find them as funny as when they were GCW

They have some good ideas but really miss the mark on some (like the Paige Spirinac thing)

Seems like they've fallen between two stools - on one hand they want to be laddish/edgy and to 'change the game' (some of which is good) but on the other hand they want press credentials etc and presumably changed their name to help with this

For me, The No Laying Up guys get it right (and are obviously doing well) and along with Skratch and Club Pro Guy (especially) are now the best follows on Twitter

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Likewise, don't find them as funny as when they were GCW

They have some good ideas but really miss the mark on some (like the Paige Spirinac thing)

Seems like they've fallen between two stools - on one hand they want to be laddish/edgy and to 'change the game' (some of which is good) but on the other hand they want press credentials etc and presumably changed their name to help with this

For me, The No Laying Up guys get it right (and are obviously doing well) and along with Skratch and Club Pro Guy (especially) are now the best follows on Twitter

I agree with everything you say, last week GM broke the story about the club captain complaining, and the Club guys re-used it. despite the fact, they slag off print media and a dying breed.

Bunch of idiots that have no place in golf if you ask me.

No Laying Up podcast is the best thing around at the moment have you listened to their podcast with Club Pro Guy?

"who is your favourite member at the club?"

anyone that doesnt come in and talk me through every one of their 92 shots

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think some of the stuff they do is OK, they recently arranged for a young lad to join them in a tournament free of charge, some of it can be a bit rubbish though. I guess its a bit like anything on t'internet these days, if you don't like it don't follow it.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
:rofl: loved the stories from the Mexican mini tours, so much gold

I've bumped the Podcast thread & posted links so others can enjoy, so good

The guy running The Club is so narcissistic it's unreal. Such an sense of importance just because he used to run a funny account that now has a lot of likely dormant followers. The irony is he has become one of the W*nkers he claimed to hate...

NLU is different level, been following them ever since I stumbled across the #TourSauce original site. Actually met Soly a few months back, he was playing 36 at Sunnigdale the same day as the GM mega meet and had a good chat with him at lunch. Incredibly down to earth humble guy that was genuinely appreciative of the position he is in. Complete opposite to that other nob at The Club.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I follow The Club, NLU and CartBarnGuys the latter 2 are pretty decent but The Club is just a golf version of Lad Bible. I havent seen the Paige Spiranac stuff but i can assume it was similar to his recent commentary about his train journey about a lad texting a girl and reading his messages over his shoulder.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the idea of them changing the game was bold... to do so they had to become more universal, dropped the W from the GCW and all that.

Now they can't say and do what they want on the basis that they want to get "Inside the ropes" and you can't do that if you're moaning at everyone.

I'm sure I saw him getting fitted for a full set of Callaways on the basis he is doing a "down to scratch" thing on Twitter. Nice perk of the job eh?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the idea of them changing the game was bold... to do so they had to become more universal, dropped the W from the GCW and all that.

Now they can't say and do what they want on the basis that they want to get "Inside the ropes" and you can't do that if you're moaning at everyone.

I'm sure I saw him getting fitted for a full set of Callaways on the basis he is doing a "down to scratch" thing on Twitter. Nice perk of the job eh?

Yesh but then he starts moaning about people being paid off in the business. He’s so hypocritical

G

guest100718

The importance of iron covers
Custom grind alien wedges
Great stuff