The Carrick 1.jpg

The Halfway House and views of the 10th fairway, looking towards Ben Lomond

The Carrick 2.jpg

The 13th fairway & green

The Carrick 3.jpg

The view from the 15th Green looking back up the fairway

The Carrick 6.jpg

The signature hole, The 14th.

These photos taken over the past couple of days. The course still in excellent condition, considering the recent heavy rain.. If you've not played it recently or never played the course before, its one to play..

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
do you like the HDR button on your camera:whistle:

That sunken boat halfway house is cute but uber impractical- poor sod in there is cramped and has to look up to everyone each day

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
A friend who has a time share lodge at Cameron house and has offered me reduced playing rates at the Carrick many times.

But i've always said no thanks , because i've been told by others that can be a bit of a slog especially when wet.

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
Stunning location. I've played it two years running at around this time of the year (last year and year before) - I wouldn't go back a third time at this time though. My view is that De Vere scrimp on necessary maintenance. One of your pics shows the par 4 before the par three down into the corner (is it 13??) with ropes in front of the green - they must have been there for a good few years now.

My mate also hit the house (twice) on the 15th - and someone told us it is Alex Fergusons?? Not sure if that is true, but my mate is an Arsenal fan so I wasn't sure if he did it on purpose!!

TaylormadePhil

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The drainage has improved immensely. We've had heavy rain recently over a number of days, but the fairways and greens have remained in great condition..

TaylormadePhil

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Stunning location. I've played it two years running at around this time of the year (last year and year before) - I wouldn't go back a third time at this time though. My view is that De Vere scrimp on necessary maintenance. One of your pics shows the par 4 before the par three down into the corner (is it 13??) with ropes in front of the green - they must have been there for a good few years now.

Lol.. those ropes do seem to be there every year. but they are getting shorter

TaylormadePhil

Assistant Pro
Visit site

My mate also hit the house (twice) on the 15th - and someone told us it is Alex Fergusons?? Not sure if that is true, but my mate is an Arsenal fan so I wasn't sure if he did it on purpose!!

The big mansion to the right side of the 16th is apartments.. Sir Alex does have year long ownership of the the bottom right apartment along with 3 other people, evidently..