The Blue Flash - 3 for a pound

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Madandra's last post just reminded me about the oldest ball I've found in the bundai recently. Yes..it was a Blue Flash. Aahh, the memories.

My God. When did they stop making these things ? It must have been there for years. Well, occasionally you do see parts of the course you haven't seen before. Used to buy three for a pound as a junior.

Any advance on a Blue Flash ? Gutta percha maybe?

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe in 25 years time when balls cost £27 each and fly 500 yards we'll be finding ProV1's in the bushes and saying " Ah, not seen one of these in years. They couldn't go any further than 350 yards but at least they were cheap !"

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I still have the Slazenger B51 I found about a year ago, It had the Ravenscraig British Steel logo on it and when you bounce it off the slab it sounds like a ball bearing. My uncle still offers me a bag off balls he has had since I was a nipper. They include Pinnacle Gold, Dunlop 65i and the trusty Penfold. Do you think every body over 35 has at least once in there life got violent with a penfold?

backspin

Hacker
Visit site
I remember the penfold commando, how about the Seve Ballasteros i still have some somewhere.Getting optic balls in strange colours packed like tennis balls for christmas.I found an origional Dunlop 65 and gave it to the course warden it must have been there over twenty years.