The BIG freeze

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Why have we ground to a halt. We have minus 5 in Watford (I guess because we are in the north), 4 inches of snow (ok, not alot), and I am sat here at work. As usual. Who has ground to a halt?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Weird, I've seen all of the reports on Kent etc and yet it's fine here across the water, a little drop of rain this afternoon after a glorious, if nippy, clear morning.
I intend to play tomorrow am also.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Like you Scots, us Pennine lads are used to a bit of the white stuff. If it's too deep to drive to work, bloody walk!
1/2" of slush on London's roads makes news headlines and all hell breaks loose. Get over it, it's winter weather!

-4 this morning, a tad bitter, went in the car, got up a bit earlier, cleared the ice and snow from the car, no problems, drive to the conditions!

I drove my usual 20+ miles to work well before dawn, roads hadn't been touched by the gritters.
Nearly got wiped out by an appologetic Artic driver who shot a red light.
Was stood outside in my shirt having a coffee and reflecting on a clean crisp winter morning when one of my staff rang in. "I'm not coming in, can't get my car out and not willing to risk my safety on the roads in these conditions" He only had to travel 2 miles... Cock!!!!

How the hell did the empire conquer so much of this planet when some tool gets put off by half inch of snow.

I let him have it big style on Saturday morning.

I was out with the dog at 6.30 this morning and HE gave up. I think he needs fitting with traction control.

Yerman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its clearly NASA plot to stop sea levels rising, which would mean they would have to do something about global warming. :mad:
First they make it p*#s on us for months until the ground is saturated, then they freeze it and start piling it up on top as snow and ice. :(
Probably some alien involvement as well.