The 2014 Ryder Cup!

hoppy1312

Visit site
anyone know of any transport that i can still book from Edinburgh to gleneagles on Saturday morning or anyone got a spare seat in their car ( will give petrol money)

Adi2Dassler

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

The Ryder Cup is just days away and we've got latest news, galleries, hole-by-hole guides, blogs, a number of insightful interviews and more on our dedicated microsite, which you can find here www.golf-monthly.co.uk/ryder-cup-home

Check it out!

Hope everyone is looking forward to it as much as we are in the GM Office. Bring on Friday!

Nick

Just a wee thing...you've spelled Victors surname incorrectly...Dubuisson is correct.

I'm hoping for big things from this guy.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
It is great to see golf getting a lot of press for the right reasons, I think there's more hype and build up than you get for any major. And say what you like about Fowler's hair cut, it is generating column inches, which golf desperately needs.

Just a shame it is not live on terrestrial TV as I am sure it would get really good viewing figures and capture the imagination of a lot of 'casual viewers', which they will struggle to do so much on Sky.

Last edited:
U

User62651

Anyone secretly hoping for a USA win? I think for the sake of an ongoing contest USA needs to win this one and personally I don't mind who wins this time because Europe have won so many in recent times. If USA keep losing it will start to devalue as a contest similar to how it became when it was only GB&I playing. A close contest played with good spirit with a USA win would be good for the RC imo.

D

Deleted member 15344

Anyone secretly hoping for a USA win? I think for the sake of an ongoing contest USA needs to win this one and personally I don't mind who wins this time because Europe have won so many in recent times. If USA keep losing it will start to devalue as a contest similar to how it became when it was only GB&I playing. A close contest played with good spirit with a USA win would be good for the RC imo.

Hell No !! A good stuffing against US would BR perfect
The Ryder Cup keeps getting bigger regardless of who won

The more defeats for the US the better

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Nurse! He has escaped again!

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

I can see where you are coming from in that it needs to be a proper competition, and just watching one team winning every time does get boring. But I think a lot of the matches have been close enough recently, and it's not as if US does not have the talent to compete, they just need to work better as team. Where as in the olden days when it was GB&I it was obvious to everyone that the US were miles ahead in every aspect. Where as this in not the case for Europe now. On paper it should be very close.

Last edited:
U

User62651

Maybe if Europe keeps winning "Team USA" can involve the rest of North America a bit like GB&I did inviting Europe in when the US was winning every time!

That'd be Mike Weir then whose best days are well behind him!
Better Australia and/or South Africa for some decent players.

or put it back to just GB&I as Samuel Ryder intended. It would be close these days.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
European Team just does the idiotic selfie - the one where there are loads of folks close by who could take the picture for you and yet you still faff about trying to take it yourself :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Guys with the uniform of yellow berets and trousers and blue Europe tops. Annoying. Less of the 'look at me' please and let's get on with the golf.