Texas Scramble

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Rare I'd say given we do an exact 10% of combined 4 players handicap, but I guess it could happen if 2 teams just never miss anything

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
As I say, it would be rare to pull that much ahead but that's the thing about these comps, no one is there to check that every team is playing to the same rules

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't see why not? If it was one team winning by a mile it looks a bit suspicious but 2 teams is a lot of people to question. 2 shots is not that much.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
All it takes is for them to always hit a green in reg then there's a good chance one will 1 putt. So it seems definitely possible.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It was actually 3 shots and in my opinion no it's not usually such a big winning margin in a scramble.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Not greatly surprised, no. Was in a team that had 5 birdies in the last 6 holes to win one once (would have been more if we'd realised what our problem was earlier! :rolleyes:); if someone gets on a run like that a two shot margin is perfectly believable.

D

Deleted member 1147

Scrambles favour the low men, you get 4 guys say the highest if off 3 then you can bet they're putting for birdies every hole or better.
Agreed-I won one a couple of years ago, we shot 14 under gross.
We were off 3,4,6,6.
when you are restricted on number of drives you don’t want anyone who struggles off the tee, & you need 4 decent putters as well (I was our weak putter).

ferenezejohn

Visit site
Agreed-I won one a couple of years ago, we shot 14 under gross.
We were off 3,4,6,6.
when you are restricted on number of drives you don’t want anyone who struggles off the tee, & you need 4 decent putters as well (I was our weak putter).
I thought the posters score of 9 under was high, 9 under wouldn't get a sniff at our scramble nor the 2 ball better ball comp

D

Deleted member 17920

Can’t see an issue with the winning scores. After playing at Dunbar last week I can see plenty of chances of birdies and eagles in a Texas scramble.

Hell I even made a few pars with my own ball so it’s defo scoreable ?

User20204

Visit site
There is a very well known TS group round our way who usually clean up all over NE Scotland, year before last they won 7 of 8 they entered, their highest man is off 3, lowest +2.