Terrible, terrible game....

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So you wake up full of the joys....it's a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky and just enough of a breeze to keep you cool....then you go and ruin it with a game of golf!

Or at least that is what I did today! Played with a couple of friends at Clandon Regis in Surrey, really nice course and was looking forward to not being in the office and having a couple of rounds of golf.

I couldn't lay bat on ball....the driver was going right, then left then nowhere....by wedges were thinning all over the shot and I had the touch of a buffalo on the green. I've never walked off during a round of golf and seeing as this was just a friendly wander I never would have done however a couple of times it was tempting as I scuffed another ball into the rubbish.

Just when you think you've cracked it you realise that actually you're no where near....I'm just hoping that this was a horribly off day!

Up again first thing tomorrow to try and make amends....failing that everything is going on eBay! :)

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Up again first thing tomorrow to try and make amends....failing that everything is going on eBay! :)

Get that signature updated so I can see what I'm going to be bidding on!!!

don't worry about it. We all have mares. Just enjoy the day, and plan your revenge. Or just quit and give your stuff to me

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
When you're having a bad game, it's handy to know what's causing the bad shots.
I call it self analysis.
If you know what causes the bad shot you can fix it to make sure it doesn't happen again

Passion-Pictures-wins-best-campaign-2009.jpg

Rob McBride

Medal Winner
Visit site
or, you can just be too relaxed expecting to deliver pin point placement and vava voom; forgetting the basics and concentrating on negatives, at least thats what i told myself after the last demolition job!! Keep smiling.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had a shocker for 9 holes on Monday including 4 lost balls. Decent enough practice session on Wednesday and back on the course tonight. Not great but nice to be out on an empty course and trying a few things out. That wind was a bit gusty though. In essense no consistency all week which is why I play off 12 and not lower