Tennis Elbow

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
In one elbow it took a year, in the other it was 18 months!
Best exercise I did was ringing out a face cloth with arms outstretched.
10 seconds one way, ten seconds the other way ..................... three or four times a day.
Good luck. (y)

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I used to have this quite bad due to my job and was in a lot of pain. I had a deep tissue sports massage done then Kinsinology tape. Felt loads better afterwards but probably took a 3-4 sessions to fully get rid of it.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've helped lots of people with this.
1. Stop doing if possible what aggravates it
2. Apply a generous amount of voltaroll to it a few times per day
3. Ice it a few times a day. Best way is to put a polystyrene cup filled with water in the freezer. Once frozen score and remove about half inch off the bottom and expose the ice. Holding onto the cup rub the ice deep into the area forwards and backwards for 5 minutes a few times per day. Put it back in the freezer and cut more cup off as needed!!!!

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
had it really bad in my right elbow a couple of years ago a few months of the arm up wrist bent exercise with the finger tips touching my shoulder, really worked.

now have golfers elbow in my left and thats not got any better at all

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Had it in both elbows for a year, right side first - about a month after that finished it began in the left.
Ice and Ibuprofen and massage kept it bearable.
I get twinges in both elbows from time to time and it feels like it's coming back but, thankfully, it fades after a day or two.
I know I didn't have it particularly badly - some can't even hold a cup with it.
Good luck.

Robin Hood

Visit site
As well appropriate excercises and anti-imflamatories, you might benefit from a tennis elbow brace.
tennis elbow braces typically put pressure on the outside of your forearm muscle to limit tension on the muscle and relieve the pain.
Any good pharmacy will have them in stock

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Following recommendations on here I bought a Flexbar, green version. That has worked very well for me so far. It's a fancier version of what Slime suggested.

I've had it for quite a few years but haven't kept the exercises up. Only recently since I've consistently used the Flexbar has it improved.

Last edited:

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Another vote for a brace. Helps relieve the stress on the tendon. Also, I found that gym exercises like arm curls aggravate it a lot. if you do go to the gym, just be careful of what you are doing as that is probably causing more stress on the tendon, than golf.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I had/have tendinitis in my right elbow in the middle of last summer, it took having half a summer and a full winter off of golf and plenty of physio and massage to get back to being able to play golf.
I still do the exercises and have massages to keep it at bay but it can still “twinge” every now and then.
I now have tendinitis in my left knee and am in the same process of physio/massage/healing time, luckily it doesn’t stop the golf!
It is just a slow recovery process unfortunately.

Kyle47

Visit site
Brace or tape it when playing, Cold always after. consider a blood flow stimulation wrap for at home treatment vs going to PT or massage.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It depends on the cause.

Mine was diagnosed as the muscles not working in the correct order, couple of simple exercises to get them working in the correct order and it was gone (in the main) quite quickly.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
About four months in my case. I did try to give it rest and not play at first, but it turned out that that really did not make much of a difference for the amount of pain or duration of the healing process. I used a brace for a while and it did help me a bit (maybe that was more of a confidence thing, though ... just made it feel more stable). What actually did help me in the end was Voltaren gel. I used it for about two weeks, applying it two to three times a day and after that the pain was finally gone and hasn't come back.