Tenerife golf

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m off on me holidays to south Tenerife in the summer, family holiday. Thinking of getting a round in one of the days, possibly with my father in law if he’s well enough. Adeje looks a good option as I don’t want to spend silly money.

Anyone done this who could recommend the best way to go about it? Book in advance or when we get there? Direct with the course or a tour operator? Where’s the best place to hire clubs?

Cheers in advance!

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I haven't done it but have stayed in Gold Del Sur twice in the last 2 years and there are 2 course virtually opposite each other. I had a quick look when walking past and if I'm honest they looked ok and I think they were about 75euro to play. I haven't been tempted enough to suggest to the wife that I take my clubs. I could be completely wrong of course as I haven't played the courses.

hibbo

Visit site
We go every Xmas and the courses are worth playing. Amarilla is our favourite, has really improved over the years and the greens are like glass. Golf de sur is also worth a visit but seems to be windy every time so is a good test. It was 3 nines all very nice but the South is prbabaly the best of the 3. Adeje is lovely and different to other courses you will have played, but have to say Amarilla is my fav

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a game with a mate who has just come back from there he told me he played at Golf Del Sur said the course he played was good but was surprised at how expensive it was. Nearly £100 green fee £40 for a buggy and club hire on top so best part of £200.
He has been there plenty of times before and played golf too and prior to this always thought it was good value, they did ask about the price increase and was told they are getting a lot of demand from Eastern Europe who are happy to pay up.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also depends on time of year, out of season rates are cheaper.

I would probably reconsider for that cost but you can recoup some by taking the bus to golf courses like I do. Saves a load on taxi costs but is a fair bit of effort. Tenerife busses are excellent however and really good value if you get the tourist pass thing.

D

Deleted member 23270

I played Buenavista twice when I was there a couple of years ago. Twilight round was about 30 or 40 euros from memory Inc buggy. Reasonable course.

Visit site
4 to 6 of us are planning a week away the same time as the Ryder cup - so last week in September
Thoughts were Spain, Tenerife or Portugal (though one of us has a place in the Algarve so thinking not there). We don't want to go to Turkey
Anyway - if anyone on this thread has any experience of stay and play in Tenerife please share
Ideally we would stay as close as possible to at least one course
Not necessarily on a tight budget

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
4 to 6 of us are planning a week away the same time as the Ryder cup - so last week in September
Thoughts were Spain, Tenerife or Portugal (though one of us has a place in the Algarve so thinking not there). We don't want to go to Turkey
Anyway - if anyone on this thread has any experience of stay and play in Tenerife please share

I live on the Costa Blanca mate, the area is often overlooked in favour of the Costa Del Sol for golf, but believe me, there are some fantastic courses here, and your aren't getting your pants pulled down everytime you buy something to eat or drink like you can in some parts of the Costa Del Sol.

If you need any info, just let me know.

D

Deleted member 23344

I played Costa Adeje in November ... nice enough ... typical Canaries type course. Booked in advance on their website from the UK by paying one euro and paid the rest on the day. From memory, it was 120 euro. It’s close to the town, so cheap to taxi it if you are staying in Costa Adeje.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Adeje is OK, some good holes and some contrived from the space available.

On Tenerife, Abama is great but expensive. Buenavista over on the west coast is very good too, and somewhere in the middle price-wise.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Golf Las Americas I've never played but it looks reasonable, check their web page, lots of trip advisor comments and importantly management replies, also give prices.
The Amarrilo and Golf De Sur courses are much the same, but prices have escalated in the last couple of years , so ask about twilight prices.
I've not played Adeje but my mate said it was really good and reasonable , Abama looks good but too expensive for moi.
I was booked to play La Gomera but had to cancel due to the [ ferry ] forecast
Ask in your hotel or local bar/restaurant they might still have a golf society with discounts.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Contact Hobbit [ El Brian ] He's resident in Val De Este Spain and may have some suggestions.(y)

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We played n June last year and loved it . Our favourite was los America’s and Amirilla .

played cost adejca and thought it was only ok but the buffet lunch was nice.

golf du sur was good and played there two days ( there Is 3 x 9 holers) but the two nines near club house are best .

los America course was stunning in amazing condition and several good holes , it was also dead so we enjoyed a couple of nice rounds there .

finally Amirila . They were over seeding when we went so had an offer of £30 ( all day golf , lunch and a buggy) the work in the green was not a problem ( only a few holes being done ) and it was great fun. Ok the course is not as pretty aa low America’s or Adeje but we proper enjoyed it .

we did book with a company as a package which I would recommend but we also book additional rounds direct with the clubs .

http://www.tenerifegolf-services.com/

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have a look at this:

http://www.hotellasmadrigueras.com/en/

When I googled initially Jet 2 uses the Hotel so may get a better deal.

The Hotel is situated 1 mile from Las America’s and a similar distance Los Cristianos, good area, shopping nearby with plant of restaurants. We were there last week, we are in the North now and if you want to know about restaurants p.m m. We stayed at a Hotel on the other side of the course about 15 years ago and the course looked good then.

Most Tenerife courses get full, especially in Winter, as Scandinavians visit in numbers