Tending flags from off the green.

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If when playing in a comp. are you obliged to remove the flag when tending from off the green?

Conversely can you ask your playing partner to leave the flag in after you have played your stroke if you feel the ball is going to race past the hole hopping it will strike the flag to slow the ball down?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
You can have the flag left in when playing from off the green.

If you ask for the flag to be tended then the player tending the flag must remove it before the ball goes in the hole.
If you've asked for the flag to be tended and your ball hits the flag or goes in the hole with the flag still in then it's a penalty, 2 shots I think but don't quote me, so don't ask the player tending to leave it in if you've hit the ball too hard!

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You can have the flag left in when playing from off the green.

If you ask for the flag to be tended then the player tending the flag must remove it before the ball goes in the hole.
If you've asked for the flag to be tended and your ball hits the flag or goes in the hole with the flag still in then it's a penalty, 2 shots I think but don't quote me, so don't ask the player tending to leave it in if you've hit the ball too hard!

I know you can leave the flag in from of the green::)

Thanks for clarifying the rest of my questions.