Tee times question

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
After playing today, im wanting to get right back out for another game. Looked up times available for tomorrow and they only have between 6:30pm and 7:30pm so it’s obviously going to get dark before you get to the 18th. What do people do, finish up when it gets too dark or do people play in the dark ?

anyone with any sense walks in just before it gets too dark to see, that however does not occur to everyone lol

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
depends if you are playing at a club you are a member of or paying a green fee. If its just a bounce game at your club just play a few, if i was paying i wouldn't bother. if you are desp just go and practice

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'll play until you can't see the ball flight. I think the main question is value - as a member it doesn't matter to me if I can only squeeze in 3 holes, but when I was nomadic I'd want my money's worth!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can try playing in the dark, I don't think it'll go too well for you unless you hit everything perfectly straight. :p

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After playing today, im wanting to get right back out for another game. Looked up times available for tomorrow and they only have between 6:30pm and 7:30pm so it’s obviously going to get dark before you get to the 18th. What do people do, finish up when it gets too dark or do people play in the dark ?

Isn't sunset c.7:30? It's going to be playable until about 7:50 or so, if it's a clear day I would have thought.

D

Deleted member 21258

Played a number of rounds, where I have had to finish with the light up balls(rubbish balls tho, sound like hitting a marble!).

You can see for walking and playing for longer, than you can see the flight of your ball. So normally get in 2-4 holes longer with them.

sunshine

Visit site

All you need is a torch to clip on to your cap, and away you go. Glow in the dark pins help. Most golfers are very consistent so know exactly where the ball has gone, even in the dark :LOL:

Yeah we all have a responsibility for putting every divot back and smoothing the sand.
When your ball lands on the green it will make a big dent, a pitchmark, we have to repair those, dig them up a bit with a tee or pitchmark repairer and flatten it down with the putter.
I know this sounds a bit boring but it's just what we have to do, plus you'll soon get told off if you don't ?
Thank you. Ill pick one of the repairers tomorrow, guessing the pro shop will have them.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If the tee time is 6.30+ I wouldn't bother. I'd rather hit some balls off grass or work on the short game from that time until it got dark. Now you have a sensible time, go out play and simply don't over think it including what you need to do to keep the course playable for the people behind. It'll soon become second nature to repair divots and pitchmarks

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yeah we all have a responsibility for putting every divot back and smoothing the sand.
When your ball lands on the green it will make a big dent, a pitchmark, we have to repair those, dig them up a bit with a tee or pitchmark repairer and flatten it down with the putter.
I know this sounds a bit boring but it's just what we have to do, plus you'll soon get told off if you don't ?

Digging them up is not the way as it can break the roots. You should push the grass/earth back towards the centre of the pitch mark and the flatten with a putter