Tee time booking and restrictions on how many times a week you can book

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure that's necessarily the case? Currently we're 2ball off at 8 minute intervals =17 people per hour (ok, its correctly 34 every two). If we go to 3balls, we'll go to a 10 minute interval - which is still only 18 people per hour. I'm thinking the rammed nature of the course is down to folks "gorging" themselves in the short term...
I don't know how much is people playing a lot more than usual because they've been starved of golf. and the weather here is wonderful.
Of course we have to add in people on furlough who aren't normally playing during the week, plus all the juniors and Uni students home who are also playing.
But certainly I never thought my club was a busy one (apart from Ladies morning which was often solid, but obviously that is not reserved at present)
It will be interesting to see if it settles down after a few weeks, but certainly its booked solid for the next few days, couple of slots 6 or 7 days away but that might be because no one can book them yet as they've already got their quota of active bookings.
Mr Mimms just wants the range to open.

But we should feel so lucky to be able to do something we love when so much else is still out of reach.
No John Lewis...

D

Deleted member 3432

I don't know how much is people playing a lot more than usual because they've been starved of golf. and the weather here is wonderful.
Of course we have to add in people on furlough who aren't normally playing during the week, plus all the juniors and Uni students home who are also playing.
But certainly I never thought my club was a busy one (apart from Ladies morning which was often solid, but obviously that is not reserved at present)
It will be interesting to see if it settles down after a few weeks, but certainly its booked solid for the next few days, couple of slots 6 or 7 days away but that might be because no one can book them yet as they've already got their quota of active bookings.
Mr Mimms just wants the range to open.

But we should feel so lucky to be able to do something we love when so much else is still out of reach.
No John Lewis...

Some nice wet, windy weather will sort the part timers out...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our booking system is
Booking for members opens at 8pm 8 days in advance and 7 days in advance for visitors (when they are are allowed).
We are only allowed to book in advance 3 times in a 7 day rolling period and it is the day of the booking that counts not the day you book for so it is possible to book for 3 days in a row.
On any day you can book via the office for any vacant slot without affecting the 3 times allowance.

we currently have around 620 members and the system is working quite well most days.

I normally play 3 days a week and have had no problems getting a game when I want one but I am happy to play late morning /early afternoon.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just had a email from the club say Scottish golf have told them we will be able to play from the 29th.

times are limited to 3 per week per player and all times pr booked after the 6th are to be removed. also all booking will be 7 days in advance from 6pm today.

which is great but all the times from 29th to the 6th are already full. people who already have more that 3 books a week have been asked to remove them...

so looks like i won't be getting a game still:LOL::cry:

D

Deleted member 3432

Just had a email from the club say Scottish golf have told them we will be able to play from the 29th.

times are limited to 3 per week per player and all times pr booked after the 6th are to be removed. also all booking will be 7 days in advance from 6pm today.

which is great but all the times from 29th to the 6th are already full. people who already have more that 3 books a week have been asked to remove them...

so looks like i won't be getting a game still:LOL::cry:

Should be clearing all bookings and starting from scratch.

Don't worry you will get a game.

Hopefully.....:ROFLMAO:

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Currently 2 days in advance and not on consecutive days, unless there is an empty slot on the day and you ring up to book. Members only.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Can book two days in advance with no restrictions on how many days you can play. At the moment everyone seems to be getting a game and at times they want so no plans to change it yet. Think they are allowing 18 holes to start from 7.30 from Monday so that impact those looking to book nine holes only but guess suck it and see

CallawayKid

Q-School Graduate
www.regimentway.co.uk
3 days in advance, you can only play every three days, however, if there are empty slots on the day you can call up and fill them. This does not effect your once every three days quota.
We also have a ballot if the ladies do not fill their Tuesday morning slots that has to be entered the evening before, names out of a hat.

It's working well, I'm impressed with how everyone is working together to make it work for everyone.

CK

sunshine

Visit site
It's amazing the difference to capacity playing in 2 balls only has made.
You used to be able to wander up after lunch on sunday and play on an empty course.

Surely it's not just the reduction in capacity, it's the increase in demand too. Everybody is at home, there are huge restrictions on other activities, golf is one of the few things open.

Springveldt

Visit site
9 holes only, members only and full members can advance book 1 tee mon-fri and 1 on the weekend. You can book on the day if there are any free.
From the weekend it’s switching to 18 holes but it’s not really affected me since I’ve managed to get out once since it opened and even then I had the family with me for their walk. Managed 7 holes before it got dark.
Work has been manic the last 2 weeks so not had the time to get out, or the motivation really. No comps and 2 balls only doesn’t really appeal to me.

shane3003

Visit site
We can book 7 days in advance, allowed to book every other day. Any other bookings will be automatically cancelled.
It would be nice to play a little more but equally got to be fair to everyone!

dronfield

Visit site
We can book in advance 2 times in a calendar week. If there are any spaces left on the day you can book them as well.

Poor management by your club.

Identical arrangement in place at our club. We have had some members abusing this and booking 3 times - the club has issued a warning that this is being monitored and if it happens again, the guilty parties will have their online booking access revoked.

System seems to be generally working ok - i have played 2 rounds so far, both at 6pm and took around 3 hours.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I haven’t read through all the replies, but IG helped us, and no doubt many others, so we can book 5-days in advance (constantly rolling).

We can only book online on alternative days and a maximum of 3 days a week, however, on the day, if there are tee time available you can telephone the pro shop and claim an additional time, as you can’t book online on the day.

These additional spots don’t affect your 3 max in a week as there was space on the day free.

The system (IG) blocks any attempts over 3 bookings online in a week.

What we’re hoping to do tomorrow, as we’re only playing 9 holes currently, is we’re teeing off late morning as there always seems to be late tees free on the back 9 late in the afternoon, so as we finish the front, we’re hoping the back will have a gap so we can carry on through and play 18?

It’s all working well.