Tee time booking and restrictions on how many times a week you can book

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We are allowing visitors but only after 3pm and they must be members guests only. We can only book one slot at a time but not limits to how many times a week. I played at another club with a friend whom is a member and they can only book 3 times a week maximum there.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
We are allowing visitors but only after 3pm and they must be members guests only. We can only book one slot at a time but not limits to how many times a week. I played at another club with a friend whom is a member and they can only book 3 times a week maximum there.

My away club (Woodhall) is allowing me to bring a guest from next week, I think it’s more relevant with country membership, I don’t mind playing with anyone, and I get to meet full members, but I know who I can have a bit of banter with by bringing a guest, which is a big part of enjoying my day on the course, imo.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
We're only allowed 9 holes in 2 balls per day ,2 tee start first and tenth at 10 minute intervals . I won't play until its 18 holes ,I've done without for 9 weeks and not really missed it to be honest .

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We're only allowed 9 holes in 2 balls per day ,2 tee start first and tenth at 10 minute intervals . I won't play until its 18 holes ,I've done without for 9 weeks and not really missed it to be honest .
We are the same until Monday. Then split 9s until 10.45 when 18 holes (or 9) from the 1st tee only.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I haven’t read through all the replies, but IG helped us, and no doubt many others, so we can book 5-days in advance (constantly rolling).

We can only book online on alternative days and a maximum of 3 days a week, however, on the day, if there are tee time available you can telephone the pro shop and claim an additional time, as you can’t book online on the day.

These additional spots don’t affect your 3 max in a week as there was space on the day free.

The system (IG) blocks any attempts over 3 bookings online in a week.

What we’re hoping to do tomorrow, as we’re only playing 9 holes currently, is we’re teeing off late morning as there always seems to be late tees free on the back 9 late in the afternoon, so as we finish the front, we’re hoping the back will have a gap so we can carry on through and play 18?

It’s all working well.
Ah - this will explain why I had difficulty booking a slot for next Saturday. i guess the club sets the limit on the number of rounds allowed . And can the club set their limit for full rounds separate from 9 holes? And how does the week work. Is it a rolling week or is is Mon-Sun or Sun-Sat?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Ah - this will explain why I had difficulty booking a slot for next Saturday. i guess the club sets the limit on the number of rounds allowed . And can the club set their limit for full rounds separate from 9 holes? And how does the week work. Is it a rolling week or is is Mon-Sun or Sun-Sat?

The club can set it up how it wants to run things, my home club is a rolling week, 5 days in advance, so everyday another day become available, but my away club is 7pm on Sunday for the following 7-days, it’s all down to how your club wants to do things.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Is it just my course or is everything booked within minutes up to 1830.

Even with a large membership, we have tee slots available most days, so we can phone on the day and grab an extra round above our online 3 max allowance.

Hopefully this will allow us to move to 18 soon rather than just 9, which was the initial decision to get as many members back on the course as possible.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We’ve just had 2 sets of 9 open. Initially you could only book a few tee times a week, but after that opening rush they soon changed to being able to play once a day.

As of 1st June we go to 18 holes and again, to help everyone try to get a tee time, you can only book a maximum of 3 rounds a week. This will change as people start to get back into their “normal” routines.

Comps start from the 4th, hoping to get qualifiers going by the end of that month.

All 2 balls only.

Oh aye, you can only book one week in advance. Looking at getting guests and visitors back from mid-late June

Last edited:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We should open on Friday with booking system opening on Wednesday. Members are encouraged to book a maximum of 2 times a week. It will be in interesting to see if people take advantage.

Diamond

Visit site
We should open on Friday with booking system opening on Wednesday. Members are encouraged to book a maximum of 2 times a week. It will be in interesting to see if people take advantage.

People will. We were limited to 3 tee times a week and people were booking up to 5 and also one or 2 adding guests or just stating with a member with no name.

After a week due to some complaining 7 day members only allowed to book on a Saturday and increased to 4 slots a week for 7 day only.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
We can book up to three weeks in advance, and members are doing so, and apparently as many times as we jolly well please. Although if we don't turn up for bookings this will be removed from offenders. I'm booked in for all my games in to June.

Diamond

Visit site
We can book up to three weeks in advance, and members are doing so, and apparently as many times as we jolly well please. Although if we don't turn up for bookings this will be removed from offenders. I'm booked in for all my games in to June.
Wow. Does that include weekend as well? If it does will your club not have comps in June?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours is also IG. It's set up to only allow a maximum of 3 tee bookings in a 7 day rolling period. The bookings open at 9am, and are fully booked within 3 minutes.
WE are 2 ball at 10 minute intervals 18 hole rounds off the first, but you can do 9 off the 10th in the window before the first groups get to the 10th. After 18:30 it's 9 holes only off the first.

I don't know anyone at my club who can't wait for the normality of no tee times and 4 balls again.

Diamond

Visit site
Ours is also IG. It's set up to only allow a maximum of 3 tee bookings in a 7 day rolling period. The bookings open at 9am, and are fully booked within 3 minutes.
WE are 2 ball at 10 minute intervals 18 hole rounds off the first, but you can do 9 off the 10th in the window before the first groups get to the 10th. After 18:30 it's 9 holes only off the first.

I don't know anyone at my club who can't wait for the normality of no tee times and 4 balls again.

No tee times? I am new to the Sport but as a member you can finish work and just roll up and play?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Until last year a local club had a 'balls in the chute' procedure.
A member invited me to play and suggested an early time. We got there at about 8.00 to find a 'normal' queue of about 15 or more balls (ie groups) already in the chute.
I checked the state at my course and booked a spare slot. Got a coffee etc, drove to my course and teed off an hour before we would have been at his course.