Tee time booking and restrictions on how many times a week you can book

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Twice a week for us Patrick and you can book on the day as extra if there is any availability (Highly doubtful)
Two balls only as well at 10 minute intervals.
Rules and guidelines to follow in due course.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Members only at the moment and each day is getting pretty much fully booked within ten minutes of the times going live.

7-day members allowed three bookings in a week (Monday to Sunday) and 5-day members two in a week. Its a full 18 holes.

A few days ago it went to the day a week in advance going live at 7.45am (ie Thursday 28th went live on Thursday 21st), but a number are still struggling to get on. Its being constantly reviewed to try and ensure fairness and so they changed it so that this morning you could book Friday 29th through to Sunday 31st to spread it out a bit. Unfortunately, the system struggled to cope there were a number of issues. The handicap secretary is trying as hard as he can to be fair to everyone and can't ask fairer than that.

It shows that the club is thriving at the moment as I am getting emails from some other local clubs advising that times are available for visitors.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
We can book in advance 2 times in a calendar week. If there are any spaces left on the day you can book them as well.

Poor management by your club.
Similar here.
Booking opens 7 days in advance, you can have 4 active bookings of 9 holes, plus an extra booked on the day if there is any space (hint... there isn't)
Absolutely full.
The IG systems definitely wasn't stopping people booking more than that, but it is now.
Everyone wants to play more but the current system is fair

I'd be annoyed to see the same people playing 7 days a week and not be able to play once

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's amazing the difference to capacity playing in 2 balls only has made.
You used to be able to wander up after lunch on sunday and play on an empty course.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
For the first 5 days we were members only, 9 holes only, booking a max of twice to enable everyone the chance of playing, there was spare capacity so this has now been expanded to:
Booking 8 days in advance
4 booked rounds per week per member
Members guest allowed during the week and after 4pm on weekends
A small number of bookings available to the general public two days in advance (ie if members havn't booked)

It seems to be working in that most members can book the day they want and a time pretty close to what they want, we are promised tho' that as SOON as we are able we will revert to NO BOOKINGS :)

D

Deleted member 3432

For the first 5 days we were members only, 9 holes only, booking a max of twice to enable everyone the chance of playing, there was spare capacity so this has now been expanded to:
Booking 8 days in advance
4 booked rounds per week per member
Members guest allowed during the week and after 4pm on weekends
A small number of bookings available to the general public two days in advance (ie if members havn't booked)

It seems to be working in that most members can book the day they want and a time pretty close to what they want, we are promised tho' that as SOON as we are able we will revert to NO BOOKINGS :)

That just sounds bonkers, a system that is working changed to a free for all. :unsure:

D

Deleted member 3432

Many clubs do not have a booking system and it works just fine.

I'm sure it does under normal circumstances but how can we ensure social distancing without a booking system when the 11-00 roll up turn out in force?

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
7 days in advance and during this start up period were being asked to only book twice a week. Booking system still locked for now. Not sure when exactly it will open - I'd guess once it is absolutely clear when we'll be actually opening.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm sure it does under normal circumstances but how can we ensure social distancing without a booking system when the 11-00 roll up turn out in force?

The OP implies they only have a booking system as a temporary measure (y)

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
14 day in advance online bookings for members.
Maximum of 3 rounds in any 7 day period on the main 18 hole course, plus access to the 9 hole Academy Course.

I'm surprised a members club would allow a free for all to the extent that members cannot get a tee time anytime in 2 weeks. That's shocking.

D

Deleted member 21258

1st club - 7 days in advance, one tee time a day (not masses of members, so tee times available) was members only, now members guests. Open from 9am
2nd club - 2 days in advance, changed about a bit, but think it is now 2 times in week and once at weekend. Members only as tee times not always available and open from 7am.
3rd club - 7 days in advance I think, started once in a week, then 3 times in a week, now unlimited again (tee times were always available in that initial period and still are going forward). Members only
4th club - 7 days in advance, no restrictions, members, members guest and visitors allowed, a very restricted number of members under club rules(and tee times are available)
5th club - in wales, so not allowed to go an play and haven't really followed tbh. But I think its 1 balls (unless household) and have not looked at the tee sheets.

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our Tee sheet opens 7 days in advance on a rolling basis.
Telephone bookings only(I know), 2 bookings allowed per person per week But you can’t book your 2nd round until your first round is finished.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Twice a week for us Patrick and you can book on the day as extra if there is any availability (Highly doubtful)
Two balls only as well at 10 minute intervals.
Rules and guidelines to follow in due course.
be interesting what the kings do, their booking system has been closed the whole lock down so no one has booked anything. Nairn has just left it and people have carried on booking on it despite not being able to play

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have a rolling 7 days in advance system. Can book once per day 7/7. Initially, it was once per day Monday to Friday, then once over the weekend, but that been relaxed. (We were "no tee-times" before all this kicked off). I've a feeling the "just once per weekend" may get re-instated as I get the impression that those folk still doing "a working week" are missing out somewhat (ie to those who are bagging themselves 7 tee-times per week).

Red scorpion

Visit site
Same as jacko,clubs should not have any booking untill date is official.e mail from club states nothing getting done till official date and guidance is confirmed

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's amazing the difference to capacity playing in 2 balls only has made.
You used to be able to wander up after lunch on sunday and play on an empty course.
Not sure that's necessarily the case? Currently we're 2ball off at 8 minute intervals =17 people per hour (ok, its correctly 34 every two). If we go to 3balls, we'll go to a 10 minute interval - which is still only 18 people per hour. I'm thinking the rammed nature of the course is down to folks "gorging" themselves in the short term...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our BRS booking is currently closed. It will reopen when they have decided what they are doing re starting back up etc.
I know a number of people, different clubs, who thought they were being clever prior to golf being allowed again in England and booked numerous slots via BRS. When the anouncement came they were all wiped clean as adjustments had to be made to allow for the restrictions. No point having the system live until everything is decided for your club.