Team shirts

Visit site
Looking for recommendations for a website that does personalised golf shirts for a golf weekend.
Preferably a decent standard brand of shirt at a good price.
Any ideas?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mrs Colch could do these for you. She runs her own company doing sewing and embroidery. If you have a design in mind she can get it digitised and embroidered on to whatever shirts you wanted - you could either supply the shirts yourself for her to stitch the design on to or you can tell her your budget and she could source the shirts for you in whatever colours you wanted. You can PM me if you want any more info and I can send over some examples of the sort of thing she does.

P.S. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to promote a business belonging to a family member on the GM Forum so I've referred this post to the Mods in case they have to remove it.

RichA

Visit site
If I was doing this I'd definitely get some well priced Under Armour or similar shirts and get somebody as above to do the personalisation. That way people will be inclined to keep wearing them.
Our club gets theirs from some cheap and cheerful online place and they are like wearing a plastic carrier bag - wear once, sweat profusely, wash then straight in the textile recycling.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We got our winter society ones via Druids. Some on here have had issues with their sizing but no-one in our group (40+ members) have mentioned anything and we had shirts and mid layers from them.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I used a local company similar to Mrs Colch. Cost £10 to setup my logo for anytime use. Sometime ordered shirts through her, and she’d cost embroidered up. Other times, I’d give her a handful of shirts and she charge me £2.50 per shirt to embroider.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Mrs Colch could do these for you. She runs her own company doing sewing and embroidery. If you have a design in mind she can get it digitised and embroidered on to whatever shirts you wanted - you could either supply the shirts yourself for her to stitch the design on to or you can tell her your budget and she could source the shirts for you in whatever colours you wanted. You can PM me if you want any more info and I can send over some examples of the sort of thing she does.

P.S. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to promote a business belonging to a family member on the GM Forum so I've referred this post to the Mods in case they have to remove it.

That Majestics and Range Goats shirts she done were superb :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 15344

Speak to Druids

We have just got a top and a mid layer for £58 including the logo etc

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Forgive me if this comes out the wrong way but I’m genuinely interested in why people like to have team uniforms on a golf course?

It just seems that many battle against such conformity in golf course dress code and yet upon own free will would partake in a uniform.

Is this something that has evolved from Dutch people always wearing orange or something else for you?

Visit site
Forgive me if this comes out the wrong way but I’m genuinely interested in why people like to have team uniforms on a golf course?

It just seems that many battle against such conformity in golf course dress code and yet upon own free will would partake in a uniform.

Is this something that has evolved from Dutch people always wearing orange or something else for you?
It’s just a shirt. No big deal.
It’s for a Ryder Cup style weekend.

D

Deleted member 15344

I’m guessing you don’t mean things like club scratch teams etc ?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’m guessing you don’t mean things like club scratch teams etc ?
No. I get all the official stuff. I just see a lot of random 4 balls abroad and small societies turn up at our place with them on.

Again not to offend anyone but my opinion is that I did wonder why grown men see the need but I’m also in the camp of each to their own and as long as they’re happy then the world is good. Also, as the OP kindly pointed out, I now get why they would want to do it for a well organised Ryder cup style event and maybe have a momento of the occasion. I guess this may be the same for groups visiting abroad, like I always collect a scorecard of everywhere I’ve played.

Was just genuinely curious, so thought I’d ask. 🙂

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
In the past our society has had logo'd shirts, ties and jumpers and the incoming captain would receive a jacket with an embroidered badge. Over the years this has changed and we now just have the shirts.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
No. I get all the official stuff. I just see a lot of random 4 balls abroad and small societies turn up at our place with them on.

Again not to offend anyone but my opinion is that I did wonder why grown men see the need but I’m also in the camp of each to their own and as long as they’re happy then the world is good. Also, as the OP kindly pointed out, I now get why they would want to do it for a well organised Ryder cup style event and maybe have a momento of the occasion. I guess this may be the same for groups visiting abroad, like I always collect a scorecard of everywhere I’ve played.

Was just genuinely curious, so thought I’d ask. 🙂

I remember seeing a large group at St Mellion all wearing pink trousers and dayglow shirts.

Why indeed? Some folk go to cricket dressed in all sorts.
I guess each to their own! Harmless fun though.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

Mines not a uniform, it’s the logo from my Aikido club, just have it embroidered on some of my shirt sleeves because I like it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I remember seeing a large group at St Mellion all wearing pink trousers and dayglow shirts.

Why indeed? Some folk go to cricket dressed in all sorts.
I guess each to their own! Harmless fun though.
BIB - though still visually intrusive and ‘offensive’ to some 😎