Teaching Pros Bradford/Skipton

Salty J

Hacker
Visit site
Hi. I've been having a few lessons over the past year or two with a few different pros in the Bradford/Skipton area. Some I've found to be terrible, others better. So I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for teaching pros in this area. Preferably one who can teach a higher handicapper.

With lessons in the region of £25/hr it's getting somewhat frustrating when you walk away having had your fault identified via GC2 etc but not much advice on how to fix it! Cheers!

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where have you had lessons?

I used to see Duncan at Northcliffe but he's moved to Burford who was brilliant, the new pro there Matthew I've been told is very good too and I think he's just refurbished the sim room too.

Other option is Express Golf who I've tried a couple of times with varying success. The pro at Hollins Hall is supposed to be a good coach from a few mates that have had lessons with him.

Salty J

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks for your speedy reply! I'm not too keen on posting who I've had lessons with. To be fair to them others might have found them quite good. I have tried one of the coaches at express though. I'm sure he was trying to bamboozle me with overly complex data & swing thoughts just to keep me going back! Might take a look at your suggestions. Soon gets expensive all these lessons!

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Chris at Hollins Hall is very good and I can strongly recommend Andrew at Bradford golf club (Hawksworth) who sorted my chipping out!

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for your speedy reply! I'm not too keen on posting who I've had lessons with. To be fair to them others might have found them quite good. I have tried one of the coaches at express though. I'm sure he was trying to bamboozle me with overly complex data & swing thoughts just to keep me going back! Might take a look at your suggestions. Soon gets expensive all these lessons!

Like I say I've had varying success at Express!! 1 coach was great when I started playing but another was different!

Matthew at Northcliffe might be worth a shout, great set up in the sim, not expensive but he is relatively new to teaching I think as Duncan was there for some time.

Salty J

Hacker
Visit site
So, having taken onboard your suggestions I booked an hour with Matt over at Northcliffe... I honestly can't believe the difference he made after only an hour.

I decided to head out today for a bit of practice at the range and I was actually shocked by the improvement. Only a few simple changes have made the world of difference. How other pros had missed/not pointed out what he did i can't quite fathom. To top off what was already a great lesson i received an email with notes & photos of my swing as a reminder of what I need to work on!

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So, having taken onboard your suggestions I booked an hour with Matt over at Northcliffe... I honestly can't believe the difference he made after only an hour.

I decided to head out today for a bit of practice at the range and I was actually shocked by the improvement. Only a few simple changes have made the world of difference. How other pros had missed/not pointed out what he did i can't quite fathom. To top off what was already a great lesson i received an email with notes & photos of my swing as a reminder of what I need to work on!

Excellent. I really enjoyed my lesson's with Duncan, the old pro, and like I say the set up is really good plus the email and tips you got afterwards.

I might book a couple of lessons with Matt too now after your experience.

Salty J

Hacker
Visit site
Pre lesson I was hitting the fence on the side of the range at express (BIG slice!). Today I was straight/draw with the ball landing about 2 club lengths from the back fence. So to say I was impressed is an understatement! Need to seriously re think iron distances too. Added 20 yards a club it seems on the irons. 100yd wedge shot, chuffed to bits with that!