TaylorMade SuperFast Drivers

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive not had it very long, i like it can hit it miles
just like to know what other people think

Fair enough.

Not a direct comparison but I had the 3 and 5 wood and also the hybrid for a time. No doubt they are long but at the trade off of accuracy for me.

Traded to the clubs I have in my sig. Not as long, but I find the fairways more often.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tried them at several TM demo days when they came out. Didn't like the sound off the clubface (sounded like the Nike Sumo) and it didn't do anything to help improve accuracy. I'm sure in the right hands its a decent club but not for me

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
I tried the 2.0 burner before christmas compared to the callaway daiblo octane.

When you hit right it goes miles, but I found that every other shot was a booming slice or a pull hook. I also, found it far too loud, almost unnecessary. If you can consistently find the middle however, you probably won't change it for a long while.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
terrible shaft,my regular shaft was measured on a cpm machine and came out senior flex,no wonder I was hooking the bejesus out of it.Better off with a reshaft imo

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Tried the 2.0 and while it was long, it was all over the place. Shaft is too long IMO.

TM's obsession with distance stats is not for me... would rather have the accuracy.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i've had one of these, a 9.5 degree stiff.

Good club imho, hit some cracking drives, the only reason i changed it was becuase the club face sits slightly closed, which puts me off a little bit, especially when i was going through a phase of hooking everything

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've been using the 09 burner which was the model previous to yours, bloody good driver that has got me from 20-12, only got rid as I wanted something lower hitting and was lucky enough to win a Gm fitting comp. I'm not in any rush to shift it just yet, very long and very forgiving.

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I get on great with mine, love the noise it makes with a pure strike and the feedback from it is good too. You know when you've mishit one, but it is still quite forgiving.

I was devastated yesterday, on our 12th tee box. I was just knocking some old tee's out the way and caught the tee marker with the bottom of the club, right on the white stuff - took a cheeky little chip of paint off. Really cheesed me off. Apologised to the club and then hit the longest drive i've hit from that tee box.

Treat it nicely and she'll look after you!