Taylormade M4 Irons

Neeko1988

Visit site
Hi,

I am in the market for a new set of irons. tested the Taylormade m4's yesterday on Trackman and liked them. I tried standard KBS Tour 80 in stiff and also the dynamic gold S300 in stiff.

If anybody has these irons what shafts are you playing and what are your thoughts please?

The lofts are very strong on M4's which i believe is why they have paired them with a high launching shaft such as the KBS Max. do you find stopping the ball on the green more difficult?

Many thanks

Chris

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
The most important thing is you got fitted.
I bought some to sell on and I thought I would give them a go.
R/f shafts and I play stiff and they were awful.
As long as they work for you and give you what you want I wouldn’t worry what others think.
What’s good for one could be terrible for another.

robbeh32

Visit site
I got fitted m4s no problem with them stopping on greens as the descent angle helps with that. I got them to help with distance as I don't have a fast swing speed.

robbeh32

Visit site
My 7iron swing speed funnily enough is also around 82mph my 7 iron with these clubs carry 149 yards. My driver is around 220 yards carry with around 90mph swing speed i think.

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This is relevant to my interests!

I’m going to get fit just before Christmas.

Are there only two stiff options?

I’m currently playing regular M2s off eBay and have been told I need stiff shafts really as I’m at 90mph.

Also, did they mention the new iron offerings? I’m half tempted to go for M4s instead of hanging around for, I’m guessing, the M6s.

Neeko1988

Visit site
No there are a lot of shafts available. Have a look at the custom fit options when ordering through clubhouse golf for example.

I’m going back in tomorrow to try some more. Didn’t mention any new ones coming out but In my opinion now is the best time to grab a bargain

Neeko1988

Visit site
Hi guys, ended up with p790’s with a dynamic gold 120 s300 shaft. Night and day difference to the m4’s. M3’s were coming up with decent numbers but p790’s felt and looked so much better can’t wait to get them

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've just got the P790's with the stiff 105 shafts, swing speed 78mph and carry 165 yards for the 7 iron

Neeko1988

Visit site
I’ve got stiff 120’s. I was hitting around 170 but it was the grouping that stood out for me. Much tighter than the other clubs i tried