Taylormade lost sale.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks TOMO. I have to say I'm deeply impressed.....

I hit a similar distance to you and start the round knowing I'm going to bogey 4 holes, unless the hand of god knocks my ball close from 30 yards.

I agree with you about hitting it better, that's what I'm working on. If you are playing off 6 that is jolly good.

I've found 15 yards more with my new clubs....pretty useless improvement, but the 4 and 5 irons are coming out of the bag more now, instead of a rescue....

I have a 12 degree G5 and a 10 degree FT-3, hard to choose really....I like both and swap from day-to-day. The Callaway has hit the longest drive (270-ish) compared to only 250. Both go about 215-230 off my gentle 90-95 mph.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Realgolfer, it sounds to me as if you need to work more on your short game. Most people will say you need to work on your weakest part of your game…..true, or is it.

I knew early on that I was never going to hit the ball all that far. So, I simply concentrated on my short game much more. Most people I know very rarely practice their short game to the same degree as their long game. When I look at some of my best rounds I wonder how the hell I managed that……..and it was all 100 yards in.

I honestly believe if you practice around and on the greens then your game will improve much more. Everyone in all the 35 years I’ve been playing talks about how far some individual hits the ball. This always struck a cord with me and proves the myth about distance. Because of my belief, I don’t get intimidated by playing with big hitters.

In all my days the best scores I’ve ever had have all come from a good short game and yet I see so many players whose potential is wasted because of this obsession to hit the ball a mile.

Now the professional game is totally different. They need to hit it a mile, they need to because the courses are being lengthened year on year, and have a good short game. Look a Sergio, at this time his putting is not much better than a good armature. He’s clearly mucking about with different styles and needs to settle with one and develop it or he will never win a major.