*** Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Monza Spider ***

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have both the original (gift from GM) and the itsy bitsy (present from HID). I have to say the bigger one was much better on the recent temporary greens but in general terms I prefer the itsy bitsy

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
In my humble opinion the itsy is better for the modifications to the alignment aid. As the original had more visible space on top of the club the alignment aid consisted of two half circles , one thick line running from the putter face to the back of the top section and a line either side to join the two circles.

It works very well as it is but the itsy only has one circle and compared with the original less is more. It doesn't seem so fussy.

From a playing perspective there is very little to choose. Both produce a great roll from the AGSI and both are very steady and resist twisting during the stroke. My only advice would be to try both and see which suits your eye and putting stroke.

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
Just a quick on for spider users or any TM putter users.

What does the face feel like is it more metal feeling compared to the Odyssey XG which i find dead.

The reason being the greens i play are quite slow so when i bought a Odyssey it was fine in the shop smooth roll etc but took it took the course and couldnt get on with it.

The putter i use now i tries out on my course and rolls the ball well,just having slight problems on the short ones,and i do love the spider esp the feeling like it swings itself

Many Thanks

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bought the itsy bitsy myself after a bit of tooing and froing between it and the oddessy sabertooth.
For me the itsy was more consistent making the ball roll end over end oo every putt.
The sabertooth wasn't as consistant the ball rolling left to right sometimes that cemented my reason for buying the itsy. Anyone that has a problem with putting length and direction should certainly give it a try
It wont disappoint.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does it go left? Not noticed that mate, its working so far.

I fiddled with the twisty bits at the back and it makes no difference, did you originally have a tool to do this?

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm afraid not I asked in the shop and the youth looked at me blankly.

For something that cost £130 I expected at least a box but no it came wrapped in an AG bag with some tape around the shaft :(

Sadly my man you have just confirmed what I knew deep down inside it's the putee not the putter!

Yours is a fickle mistress but I have only played on full greens once in months so here's hoping.

I'm giving it until the summer and then I might start listening to the call of these

http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/putters/bettinardi_c_putter/

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Was bored recently, so tried the spider and its smaller brother. TBH, was I won over, no. Odd looking, and while for very short putts they performed well, for anything longer, I felt my Scotty studio select newport 1.5 was the equal, without looking silly. Not a fan. Sorry.