Taking Divots

V

vkurup

I am in the same boat.. Started playing about 18 mths ago. I hardly take a divot, and hit identical distances. This winter worked took a few lessons to help change the swing, take a divot and all that. Lost a lot of distance, as the divot plays in the back of your head while u swing. Over the last couple of months, the old (& effective) swing is creeping back.

So have confined the divot taking business on the back burner and instead focusing on getting a white ball into the hole. Good to hear Faldo did not take a divot, so we are on the right track :fore:

Revolt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i use my old mans swilken alta tour irons.... and when i got back into the game i was coming right down into the back of the ball hitting it miles and taking a huge divot infront of the ball... about a month ago none of this was happening and i had no idea why.... was producing wild hooks and all sorts.... it turned out that my grip had my thumb basically on the right hand side (looking down the club) of the grip... i went back to my old wrap the thumb over and put the ball in the middle of my two feet.... this resulted in my old swing, perfect trajectory.... big divot after the ball and a butt load of spin...... if only i could keep it straight id be chuffed =]