Takeaway

Gubog

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi our pro has took ill so I can't ask him, but has anyone got any good drills for taking the club to far inside on the takeaway, my daughter has just started doing it & I can't solve it, Cheers

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
How far inside is too far?

If the backswing looks too flat you can simply put something in the way (golfbag, old garden chair etc) so that the club has to go back on plane over the object, and then practice with slow swings.

Normally if the posture is correct and the shoulders turn correctly the club should go up on plane naturally without the need to manipulate, so you might want to look at the cause rather than the cure.

Gubog

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all thanks for the replies, im not sure about her plane being flat as she was stopping at 9 oclock position & asked me to have a look when the clubhead got behind her, the clubhead ends up behind her so quiet alot, I would assume bob & i'll recheck tonight that its aiming right as I forgot to say on a couple of times it looked like her hands pushed outwards if that makes sense on the takeaway, I was thinking of trying her on an explanar with the 9-3 swing, but if her hands are to active would it make a difference

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
One time my pro put a ball on the path he wanted me to take so I'd knock it away when I took the club back to get me started on the right line. Bit like the Nick Watney tip on the Titleist link only the ball is nearer and you're trying to hit it not miss it. The idea was to stop me picking the club up too steeply and getting inside the line too early. More of a drill to get the right feeling, I recall, rather than actually saying "this is the swing path". I suppose the thing is you have to know where to put the ball or else you could do more harm than good! Think it was about 12-15 inches back and very slightly inside.

Thought initially this might be a thread about whether to go for the beef in black bean sauce or the chicken with cashew nuts . :D