Swing thoughts..

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Grip certainly seems a little too strong - which contributes to the low, inside takeaway.

Knees may be a little too bent, but that's possibly exaggerated by the 'shorts'. Standing up a bit would also improve the angle between arms and club shaft, which looks a bit wrong (should be a bit straighter). Balance looks a bit variable too - too much on toes at start, then back etc.

Very nice rhythm though - and the Luke Donald comparison is apt! Doesn't look the swing of a 20-capper! Just make sure you apply the 'No Peeking' 'rule' too.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree with post #2; you don't look either comfortable or balanced either!

that you may have a slightly strong RH grip isn't an issue for me

however, your first moves at the start of the backswing look to me as if you are fanning the clubhead inside ie taking it back inside and opening it with the wrists at the same time which may be related to your grip - you may feel more comfortable getting the RH behind the club in the grip, and in the swing.

but it's all clearly working for you looking at those shots; looks well repeated and consistent striking.

doh - Foxy typing quicker again! glad he's seeing the same things. never sure about what's the chicken and what's the egg in grip and swing things though!

sambora666

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks all, I do feel a bit on my toes as you say when I set up.

I will take a look at my grip, bring this to the right as I look down the shaft so I see less knuckles?

I have worked with a fade for years but the low ball flight I get from chopping across the face of the ball is got to go!!

Thanks,

Richard

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks all, I do feel a bit on my toes as you say when I set up.

I will take a look at my grip, bring this to the right as I look down the shaft so I see less knuckles?

I have worked with a fade for years but the low ball flight I get from chopping across the face of the ball is got to go!!

Thanks,

Richard

try knees over the shoe laces

no - the other way!!!

that's coming from that first move in your backswing - start back with the shoulder turn and don't let the left hand rotate the way you do (whether driven by the left or right!)