Money List Winner
Visit site
Got to love that Fred Couples video.

Great swing, one in a thousand.....

Seems a likable guy too. :)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Chris i watch this every week before i play and all through the week....As well as watching anything else i can find on him......Its really helping me......
Its only something small but its rubbing off....

[video=youtube;rz6fLTbDcFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz6fLTbDcFI&feature=related[/video]

Great video Kid, lots to pick up from it and thanks for posting it. Funny, but the first bit that rang true was at the end when he talks about missing putts right, because of coming up through the swing and I now know why it happens to me off what often feels a good stroke

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great video Kid, lots to pick up from it and thanks for posting it. Funny, but the first bit that rang true was at the end when he talks about missing putts right, because of coming up through the swing and I now know why it happens to me off what often feels a good stroke

No Worries Chris.....Check out the other videos of him......Theres a few great ones there....Especially the one where he is just flicking balls with a wedge onto the green while the commentators are talking of him.....Here it is below...I like the analogy of where they say his swing is like someone flicking the pages of a book....Very good..:lol:

[video=youtube;3pwG8dDhdRw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pwG8dDhdRw[/video]

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
^
^
^
Take a look at how much he 'push-fades' his shots... feet/shoulders aligned VERY left and the ball still STARTS to the right. It's vids like this that undo the whole teaching of standing square to the ball and changed my understanding of what we've been taught over the years.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I might be a little bit dense but I dont quite get your point Duncan, I have had several goes on Trackman where swing speed is one of the stats that the guys have majored on and my new driver shaft came about as a result of reading stats which included swing speed and spin rates. Swing speed of the arms amongst other things, is what generates the club head speed surely?

Trackman provides data on the club head dynamics through the ball, giving information on club head speed, club head path, angle of attack, face angle at impact and dynamic loft - and then data on the ball leaving the club. My point is that the 'swing speed' you are referencing is the club head speed - not the speed of your arms or hands.

As many have pointed out, swinging your arms/body quicker may not add anything to your club head speed - and for many handicap golfers it will actually end up reducing it. Most have an optimum rather than maximum speed (of arms etc) that enables them to deliver maximum club head speed.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
^
^
^
Take a look at how much he 'push-fades' his shots... feet/shoulders aligned VERY left and the ball still STARTS to the right. It's vids like this that undo the whole teaching of standing square to the ball and changed my understanding of what we've been taught over the years.

Just goes to show though James......More than one way to get the ball in play.:thup:

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
Just goes to show though James......More than one way to get the ball in play.:thup:

This is so true, a 5hcap guy just shot -1 gross yesterday at our place and he slaps the ball around, not one drive was out of the centre of the face and every iron and wedge slapped the ground, even the toe of his putter sits 1.5in above the ground lol

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Trackman provides data on the club head dynamics through the ball, giving information on club head speed, club head path, angle of attack, face angle at impact and dynamic loft - and then data on the ball leaving the club. My point is that the 'swing speed' you are referencing is the club head speed - not the speed of your arms or hands.

As many have pointed out, swinging your arms/body quicker may not add anything to your club head speed - and for many handicap golfers it will actually end up reducing it. Most have an optimum rather than maximum speed (of arms etc) that enables them to deliver maximum club head speed.

Thanks for that Duncan. I guess that I was accelerating through the swing too soon and not applying an increased acceleration through the impact zone but the feeling, despite the facts, is one of slower arms through to the finish and a better, purer strike - long may it last!