Swing length

Hammers271284

Visit site
I always thought i had a full backswing untill i got the swingplane app for my iphone and see my swing for the first time. Ive never hit the ball a long way but consider myself to be a very straight hitter most of the time but my lack of distance does hinder me sometimes. Was wondering whether to risk losing my consistency in search of more distance?

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Trust me stick with consistency and stop worrying about distance

My swing was more an over swing ( more common ) but it seems acceptable, its just my other faults i need to sort at present

What is your typical 7 iron shot, mine is 150 yds approx

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I always thought i had a full backswing untill i got the swingplane app for my iphone and see my swing for the first time. Ive never hit the ball a long way but consider myself to be a very straight hitter most of the time but my lack of distance does hinder me sometimes. Was wondering whether to risk losing my consistency in search of more distance?

You could, but it's a can of worms. I got down to 8, changed pro and asked if we could seriously try and work on building a proper golf swing, one that would hit the ball a little further.
Within 4 months, I'd quit.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
the last 'quarter' of the back swing isn't the panacea in relation to distance........if you are concerned about distance this isn't the place to look.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Here's me hitting a 8 iron.....Definitely not over swinging......
And i carry it on average 125-130mtrs....

Everything stops for me when my shoulder turn stops.

Distance will come ....Just be patient...

[video=youtube;8tFvcz-mdXE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tFvcz-mdXE&feature=relmfu[/video]

Hammers271284

Visit site
Trust me stick with consistency and stop worrying about distance

My swing was more an over swing ( more common ) but it seems acceptable, its just my other faults i need to sort at present

What is your typical 7 iron shot, mine is 150 yds approx

Its around 140yards to 150yards

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
stick with that. compact swing is much better imo. alot less can go wrong. 140 -150 is perfectly fine for a 7 iron. it depends on the loft on the clubs. you could change clubs and straight away the 8 iron might go 150. as long as you know what distance each club goes then its irrelevant what number is on the end of the club.