Swing Analysis

alphalogan

Medal Winner
Visit site
I posted the following in the Lounge but it has been suggested it was the wrong forum, sorry for that, so I am repeating it here.

If anyone has the time I shall appreciate comments on my swing. On the course I tend to hit to the right. The Pro says I am not slicing but my problem is more in the region of weight shift left leg to right leg. Your help appreciated.
See swing at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvxEvkf3COM
Many thanks.

surefire

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am always wary of asking for and giving advice on the internet, as there are so many different ideas out there, you can get a scary shopping list of things to work on, which may or may not be relevant. Yet for some reason I feel an urge to reply!

In my opinion, I would have you looking at the club face, and how you release it. In the video, it looks like it is coming into the ball wide open and staying that way. This will cause the ball to start off right, and then depending on the path, it could curve further right, just keep going straight right, or come back left.

There are other things you could work on, but this would be my immediate focus, as working on too many things at once, makes it easy to get into a mess, and you are saying you are having a tendency to go right.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi Alpha,
I see lots of good things in your swing but I would like to see 2 small changes.
I would strengthen your left hand on the grip just a touch (ie as you look down, turn your left hand clockwise a little.) That will help you to hit it straighter.
And secondly...
If you can get up on to your right toe at the end of the swing, that will help your swing and ball contact.
Hope this helps :)

alphalogan

Medal Winner
Visit site
Many thanks everyone for your help and advice it is very much appreciated. Played this morning and felt far more confident and started putting suggestions into practice, a bit more practise and who knows I might start winning the Seniors Events at the club.
Once again thank you all. :)

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I would also agree with all those comments.

To get onto your right toe you will need to get your hips going through first and you should be facing the target after impact.

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Would it also be worth moving the ball forward in your stance when hitting with the driver? I always try to have the ball level with the inside of my left foot.