Supplementary cards

Chrisbc

Visit site
I’ve read conflicting rules on whether supplementary cards should be played from the plates or the “tee of the day” / variations on KLCGA website & England Golf ?
Help please ?!!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’ve read conflicting rules on whether supplementary cards should be played from the plates or the “tee of the day” / variations on KLCGA website & England Golf ?
Help please ?!!

Assuming in England can be played from any tee of choice that has a valid SSS, subject to the clubs rules

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We can play from either....as long as it's a measured course and has a SSS then it shouldn't be an issue.
Some clubs may dictate that it must the whites....

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
We can play from either....as long as it's a measured course and has a SSS then it shouldn't be an issue.
Some clubs may dictate that it must the whites....

I doubt very much if the club has the power to dictate which tees are used, assuming, of course, that there is a choice of measured courses.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I doubt very much if the club has the power to dictate which tees are used, assuming, of course, that there is a choice of measured courses.
Unless the club has closed certain tees for maintenance etc or they have specified that the white/black tees (say) are reserved for honour board competitions for instance.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
we had an email from the club saying we could play Sup cards except cat 1... anyone know a reason why cat 1 can't at the mement?

Last edited:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't know if there has been a recent change but Cat 1 are limited to play just sufficient to retain "c" status in period September to, I think, December.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I don't know if there has been a recent change but Cat 1 are limited to play just sufficient to retain "c" status in period September to, I think, December.
this was Friday, all other members were informed they could put in cards for handicap, in light of the fact we might not get any, or very many comps in this year

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
we had an email from the club saying we could play Sup cards except cat 1... anyone know a reason why cat 1 can't at the mement?
Cat 1 are covered by separate rules in Congu book

21.4 A Member is limited to a number of Supplementary Scores in each year as detailed in below:
(a) subject to (c) below, Category 1 players may only return Supplementary Scores during the period 1 September to 31 December and only to the extent necessary to ensure that the minimum requirement for Qualifying Scores under Clause 25 is met. Category 1
players may only return Supplementary Scores over 18 holes;
(b) any number of Supplementary Scores may be returned annually by players in Categories
2 to 6;
(c) a Union has the discretion to permit Category 1 players with handicaps in the range 2.5
to 5.4 to return Supplementary Scores in a calendar year. Such scores may only be returned at the player’s Home club within that Union’s jurisdiction.

CONGU ® UNIFIED HANDICAPPING SYSTEM
Scotland directs that Category 1 players within this handicap range may take up this
discretion. England, Ireland, and Wales make no such direction.
(d) A Category 1 player has an additional dispensation when they commence the calendar
year without a ‘Competition’ status. They may submit Supplementary Scores at any time

Swango1980

Visit site
To summarise Old Skier's post, your club has got it wrong. Those between 2.5 and 5.4 can submit Supplementaries.
Are you sure. It is at the discretion of the Union, not the club. If the Union does not permit it, then the club cannot either. Note, a 5 handicapper at my club posted a supplementary. Forgetting he was Cat 1, I put in his score, but Club V1 automatically rejected it because he was Cat 1.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are you sure. It is at the discretion of the Union, not the club. If the Union does not permit it, then the club cannot either. Note, a 5 handicapper at my club posted a supplementary. Forgetting he was Cat 1, I put in his score, but Club V1 automatically rejected it because he was Cat 1.
I cant see much on the phone but different rules between England & Scotland possibly.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One thing to remember is that come November 2 and the WHS starts categories disappear so all players will be able to submit supplementary scores after that date.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
One thing to remember is that come November 2 and the WHS starts categories disappear so all players will be able to submit supplementary scores after that date.
True, suplementaries disappear under WHS.

Most clubs / counties are keen to promote them at present to boost the number of rounds the new Handicap Indexes will be based on as the lockdown has curtailed the usual qualifing competitions.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
True, suplementaries disappear under WHS.

Where are you getting that from?

Not something I have heard of or seen in any brief. Quite the opposite -

Recreational rounds
From 2 November 2020, you will now be able to return recreational rounds for handicap purposes by pre-registering your round as an acceptable score before you go out and play. If you are playing at a course other than your home club then you can still pre-register your score.