Supplementary Cards - Cat 1

Swango1980

Visit site
Hello

So, now it has been established that players can enter qualifying cards, we have some members submitting cards for their first handicap, others putting in supplementary cards because we are not currently running any qualifying competitions.

However, I have now realised that, there is an implication for Category 1 players, who cannot enter supplementary scores (unless it is to get c back). So, if this restriction is to remain, I can see Cat 1 players getting frustrated after a while. Is anyone else getting this issue? To be fair, we only have 1 or 2 Cat 1 players, so it will be a much bigger issue at other clubs. I suppose if clubs start playing qualifiers again shortly, it will be a non issue, but I have heard some clubs are reluctant to run qualifiers anytime soon.

Reason it has come up with me is that a Cat 1 players has just tried to submit a supplementary card

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
At my club, we will re-evaluate competition status at the beginning of June but until then, we have stated no competitions or supplementary cards will be taken for anyone. It is only going to be for a short time so I honestly cannot see the frustration level. We are only a week back from not playing at all.

Swango1980

Visit site
At my club, we will re-evaluate competition status at the beginning of June but until then, we have stated no competitions or supplementary cards will be taken for anyone. It is only going to be for a short time so I honestly cannot see the frustration level. We are only a week back from not playing at all.
Cheers

In the 3 days since golf started again, we had 30+ new members join. Quite a few of those are very keen in getting handicaps,so they are ready to play comps. So far, we have had a few unofficial team comps, non-qualifying and no payment. It has worked very well.

Certainly, we have had no real grumbling from members at the moment, we are all just glad to be back. But, I'm aware other clubs are thinking of getting back to qualifying comps fairly soon, so we want to make sure we give our members the same sort of opportunities, and benefit from being a member by getting involved.

I've already informed members that they may hand in supplementary cards if they wish, so long as they send a photo to me, and only need to be signed by the Marker of the card.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At the workshop I attended I asked the specific question and was told that the rules for Cat 1 would not change before the WHS came in. Bearing in mind when the WHS comes in there will not be any categories anymore.

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers

I've already informed members that they may hand in supplementary cards if they wish, so long as they send a photo to me, and only need to be signed by the Marker of the card.

If you implement the available local rule the marker does not have to touch the card at all. ( I would suggest the player writes the markers name on the card in case of a query

Best to have this in place before starting comps anyway

Sorry cannot find the link but this is part of ours

TEMPORARY LOCAL RULE​

Scorecards​

Players should adopt the following procedures for scorecards.​

A player should mark their own scorecard and keep the marker’s score in the marker’s column.

At the end of the round the marker must check the player’s score verbally only, on a hole by hole basis and does not need to sign the card.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The guy I played with today (who had his handicap as 28 but only a nominal figure it turns out as he only joined on Friday) is desperate to get the cards done but can't. He turned to be a tidy player and will easily be off 14-16. I can understand why the club isn't doing anything regarding supplementary cards or comps, and to be fair they've done so well so quickly so I don't this a burden to wait a little longer