Sunningdale Old and a 75...

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
...no not from me, but my playing partner!

i was very lucky to be invited for a round of golf at Sunningdale yesterday by a work contact. What a great course. (and yes i did sample the sausage sandwich!)

My partner for the round was a former professional who was off 2 and now works in the golf industry. what a privildge to watch him. Yes we were off the yellows, but no temporary greens, and the course was in immaculate condition, apart from the 8th which is being remodeled.

What i really enjoyed was watching his game from his second shot onwards, his scrambling, putting etc. It really showed where I need to improve in order to get my handicap down to my 2018 target of 15.

I've been working really hard with my driver recently as had little confidence with it and would, 8/10 times, top the drive 3 foot in front of me. So id been using a callway Apex UTI. Yesterday, 1st drive straight down the middle (ish) 257 yards. i only hit one bad drive all day with my longest being 273. (Garmin S20)

And I also kept my ball for the whole round! BONUS!

So it was a really great way to finish the 2017 season and sets me up very nicely for 2018!

Nick

Waitforme

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's always nice to be playing with someone who is on their game that day.
Try and remember your swing thought from yesterday's driving.

Re your own game , with those driving statistics your mid / short game must be letting you down big time. Try and nail down where your biggest weakness is and work on that. 50 yards in is a great distance to work on IMO.
I don't think I've ever hit a drive 273 yards !! And I'm being serious.

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's always nice to be playing with someone who is on their game that day.
Try and remember your swing thought from yesterday's driving.

Re your own game , with those driving statistics your mid / short game must be letting you down big time. Try and nail down where your biggest weakness is and work on that. 50 yards in is a great distance to work on IMO.
I don't think I've ever hit a drive 273 yards !! And I'm being serious.

And it's cold 👍🏻 Great drive

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
...no not from me, but my playing partner!

i was very lucky to be invited for a round of golf at Sunningdale yesterday by a work contact. What a great course. (and yes i did sample the sausage sandwich!)

My partner for the round was a former professional who was off 2 and now works in the golf industry. what a privildge to watch him. Yes we were off the yellows, but no temporary greens, and the course was in immaculate condition, apart from the 8th which is being remodeled.

What i really enjoyed was watching his game from his second shot onwards, his scrambling, putting etc. It really showed where I need to improve in order to get my handicap down to my 2018 target of 15.

I've been working really hard with my driver recently as had little confidence with it and would, 8/10 times, top the drive 3 foot in front of me. So id been using a callway Apex UTI. Yesterday, 1st drive straight down the middle (ish) 257 yards. i only hit one bad drive all day with my longest being 273. (Garmin S20)

And I also kept my ball for the whole round! BONUS!

So it was a really great way to finish the 2017 season and sets me up very nicely for 2018!

Nick

Lucky man to enjoy a great day on a great course and watch a player in fine form. You sound like you did well to keep the same ball too. Work hard this winter and good luck for 2018

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It was a fab day. Can't wait to play again. The short game is certainly where I loose it. Distance and direction on irons to green, distance control on chipping - direction seems ok and first putt can be a bit hit or miss. Oh and I didn't hit one par 3 green! So a few things! The drive by the way was elevated green so a slight advantage, and the ground was hard with frost. I've taken the mentality that I'm going to work on tee to green. Not just on one area. Cheers.