Sunglasses and hey fever

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all

Posted about sunglasses on another thread so know the Oakley Golf is the way to go

My mate m reason is to combat hey fever.

Anyone know if they will help? Any other recommendations?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My son gets bad hayfever so he always wears sunglasses in the summer. It doesn't stop the problem but it reduces the impact. If he doesn't wear them it is definitely worse.

Vaseline around your nose will also help before going out.

Think of it as a punch in one arm instead of both arms and a knee to both legs :D

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive got a set of Oakley sunglasses with Prescription lens in and wear glasses all the time, can't say they have ever stopped me getting Hey fever?

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
Over 40 years with hayfever. It has slightly eased in latter years.

Have never found sunglasses that much of a help.

Nothing seemed to work years ago, Kenalog injections etc. just resorted to a tea towel most of the time!

I have now found a drug and nose spray combo that works fairly well these days.
Tablets seem much more effective if I take one before the onset of the symptoms, then when you feel a tingle, shoot some spray up there - bingo!

Never good to take more drugs than you really need, but I need to enjoy my life too.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ive got a set of Oakley sunglasses with Prescription lens in and wear glasses all the time, can't say they have ever stopped me getting Hey fever?

Sorry for OT op, how do you find the Oakleys with prescriptions lenses Patrick? They work well? Did you get them made at an opticians?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sorry for OT op, how do you find the Oakleys with prescriptions lenses Patrick? They work well? Did you get them made at an opticians?
TBH, i don't find them great for golf, felt strange looking down on the ball. Got them from an optician, were quite expensive i think, mostly because of the shape of the lenses.

Can't remember which type they are, getting the same frame as my glasses next week so should be better for golf, though the ones i have a good for cycling

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
TBH, i don't find them great for golf, felt strange looking down on the ball. Got them from an optician, were quite expensive i think, mostly because of the shape of the lenses.

Can't remember which type they are, getting the same frame as my glasses next week so should be better for golf, though the ones i have a good for cycling

Thanks, have started cycling in my usual glasses not the Oakleys and really could do with the prescription in some Oakleys for that and walking the dog etc, golf would be a bonus. Will see if I can find an optician that does so. Cheers

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thanks, have started cycling in my usual glasses not the Oakleys and really could do with the prescription in some Oakleys for that and walking the dog etc, golf would be a bonus. Will see if I can find an optician that does so. Cheers
only downside is low light the lenses not great for Cycling. I have some old Briko glasses witha Bollie insert bluetaced to the nose piece those are far better over winter and low light

briko.jpg

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hay fever and itchy eyes are a problem .
You need a pair that fit your face as close as possible this restricts the wind getting behind them.

Springveldt

Visit site
Never used sunglasses, not even sure if they would help with hay fever but I always put 2 sprays of Beconase up each nostril before playing or else my eyes are a puffy mess by 15.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I also wear contacts for golf and have definitely found that sunglasses help in both eye irritation and lessening hayfever effects. I also think it makes me look extremely cool. trendy and attractive.