summer holiday venue

emi

Visit site
Hi
I am looking for a mediteranian destination for a holiday with a golf course near to the hotel for about £25 for 18 holes. Can you give me any ideas
Thanks

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Menorca is a nice place, just got back from there. Limited golf however.

I'm off to Puerto Banus next year as there is an abundance of golf in the area.

Best bet would possibly be for you to go to Estepona at the Atalaya Park hotel which has 2 very good golf courses of its own at reasonable rates.

Puerto Banus and Estepona also offer the chance to visit Gibraltar, head up into some beautiful villages and to go down to Puerto Banus harbour area and do a bit of Celeb spotting and admire the $100m yachts and ferrari's scattered everywhere.

Puerto Banus is a wonderful place, lively, cosmopolitan and fun. Not the cheapest place in the world to go to but the scrotes (bar the rich ones) tend not to be there. Sinatra's is a great bar.

Alicia

Visit site
For value for money in Europe France is superb. The courses are quiet, the food and wine fantastic and green fees are generally cheaper than Spain or Portugal. Check out www.golf-monthly.co.uk/travel/Rest_of_Europe_region_1307.html for lots of articles on France. Call Your Golf Holidays (T: 01277 824 100) for a copy of their comprehensive brochure covering the whole of France.
The Belek region of Turkey has some fabulous five star all-inclusive golf hotels located on the beach at three star prices.
More expensive is Mallorca. Stay away from Magalluf (brilliant for 20 somethings on their first package holiday - exhausting if you want peace and quiet) and you'll discover beautiful beaches, peaceful mountain scenery and challenging layouts.